Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharlene
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Facial, peel or other

Sharlene, on May 28, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Beauty 0 6
I am considering getting either a microdermabrasion facial, oxygen facial or a chemical peel. I have brown spots and would like to get rid of them or make them less noticeable. Does anyone have personal experience on a treatment that they can recommend? Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 29, 2019 at 07:30
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anything that your skin isn't used to, I would do now. You don't want to try anything new too close to the wedding, some people will tell you not even to change face creams just in case you react to it.. Chemical peels leave your skin very red (temporarily) but I would still be careful. See if you can meet with a dermatologist to see what they recommend

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My skin is sometimes sensitive depending on the products used. I have a microdermabrasion scrub from The Body Shop which is a little more low key than the treatment if you go to the spa, and even that makes my skin super red after using it!

The girl who does my eye lash tinting does chemical peels and she says everyone who gets them loves them! Just make sure you give yourself enough time before the wedding (if you are doing it before) in case you have a reaction

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for that. It is impossible for me to stay out of the sun as I play softball at least two times per week. No peel for me then. Maybe one of the other facials will work.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sharlene,

My aunt did a chemical peel and like Tori mentioned, face was red. And it can be red for awhile depending on the type of peel. You may want to call in and ask for a consultation and ask how early you should get it done because I think some peels require you to be out of the sun for a week or two to heal.

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Tori. I look forward to more comments about people's experiences too!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well my FH's cousin/ my BM got a chemical peel just this past weekend and all I know is that the day she got it her face was RED! I don't have much more information than that but I will let you know how she feels about it?

As for the rest - I'm looking forward to anybody else commenting on this discussion!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics