Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Newbie February 2021 British Columbia

Forest Wedding Ceremony

Melissa, on January 11, 2019 at 18:08 Posted in British Columbia 1 8
Hello everyone! I live in the lower mainland in BC, and I'm looking for suggestions. Me and my fiance want a ceremony in the forest. We've been looking for wedding venues that have a more forest setting and we can't seem to find what we are looking for. We are happy to get married in a park, and have the reception else where. Does anyone know of any places that would be a good location? Or wedding venues that have forest setting? I've attached a photo of what we're are looking for. Thanks in advance 😊

Forest Wedding Ceremony 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on May 9, 2019 at 20:32
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh i'm so happy you found your venue! Happy planning my dear Smiley heart

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We did check out Furry Creek, and fell in love with it but sadly it wasn't in our budget. Thankfully we did find a nice golf course in Chilliwack that is in our budget, and it's not far from Cultus Lake where we can get our photos done prior to the ceremony. Thank for your suggestions 😊
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa,

I think CedarHaven might be what you're looking for. It's on the island and it's beautiful. You'll find most inside a forest wedding venues are on the island.

If you're thinking of staying closer to home without the travel on a ferry maybe check out Furry Creek? They have an area that has the edge of the forest as the back drop.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! This very helpful 😊
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could try the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts in Deer Lake Park! They do outdoor ceremonies because that’s where my SIL had hers and it’s beautiful though that is less forestry.

You also could try Golf Courses- they often have a lot of land and do outdoors ceremonies. I know Westwood Plateau Golf & Country Club has some that have a foresty backdrop! They’re the venue I picked (though I’ll be inside as it’s winter) and I’ve seen pictures of their outdoor ceremonies and they’re beautiful since it’s on a mountain. I’m sure there’s probably other golf courses that have a similar sort of view?

I’m also sure if you went through the City of New West you could get probably get a permit and then get married in Queens park then maybe use the Centennial lodge there for the ceremony (It’s a beautiful venue too- I had my citizenship ceremony there!)

hope this helps!
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! I will check these places out 😊
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Melissa! Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the Wedding Wire community.

I’m not from bc, I’m getting married in Victoria. Some of my favorite a Vancouver spots are Capillano Suspensions Bride Park, Lynn Canyon Park, and of course Stanly Park.

They may give you the forrest vibe you’re looking for.

Let us know now what you decide.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not familiar with areas in B.C. but here are what I came up with that are at least in the province! Sorry if they are located to far from you!

8 Magical BC Weddings

BC Forest Weddings

P.S. Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics