Skip to main content
Deborah
Deborah

'Cambridge', Ontario · From November 2018

I'm an English girl who moved across the pond and found the love of my life three years later! Currently living in Toronto but getting married in... View more

I'm an English girl who moved across the pond and found the love of my life three years later! Currently living in Toronto but getting married in Cambridge, ON. Navigating the North American wedding etiquette - bridal showers/buck & doe's etc is interesting so far!

Happily married 🎉

August 14, 2020

724days 9hrs
Stephanie
Anyone planning a destination honeymoon in the fall of 2020 or are you holding off until the Covid-19 pandemic is over?
Stephanie, On July 5, 2020 at 17:03

We're thinking about Jamaica, as it seems the safest option right now, however I just don't know if I'll feel comfortable flying by then. Anyone else struggling with this decision?

Stephanie, tuesday 7-Jul-20 15
Amanda
Engagement Photos!
Amanda, On May 19, 2020 at 00:06

Let's bring some happiness into this world considering everything that is going on in the world! Let's see everyone's engagement photos! Mine was done July 2019 at Fort Edmonton Park Footbridge ...

Amanda, sunday 21-Jun-20 80
Taylor
Have you?
Taylor, On January 28, 2020 at 16:47

Has anyone used this website called Zola.com You get Free Websites, Registry,and Invitations That's what the commercial said at least

Amanda, saturday 1-Feb-20 5
Cockerton
Ideas for Wedding Blog?
Cockerton, On December 8, 2019 at 22:55

I am keen to use the wedding blog on the website to create a dialogue leading up to the wedding date. What are some ideas you have done for the blog? I have put on an entry about choosing our venue,...

Mary, saturday 1-May-21 6
Lauryn
Anyone else second guessing their dress?
Lauryn, On December 3, 2019 at 16:20

Okay I think I love my wedding dress. It’s comfortable and cute BUT I’m worried that I should have bought someone more mature looking? If that makes sense. It’s a strapless a-line with blush...

Sharlene, sunday 8-Dec-19 13
Deborah
Engagement photos
Deborah, On November 25, 2019 at 09:09

We've had our engagement shoot images back a while now and completley love them. It was so fun working with our photographer and we can't wait for the wedding day now! Despite my curls dropping out...

Ashley, wednesday 27-Nov-19 8
Cliodhna
Engagement Pictures - Overrated or Underrated?
Cliodhna, On November 25, 2019 at 09:05

These days, taking engagement pictures feels like something everyone assumes you will do! Wedding photographers often include it in their packages to sweeten the deal which has led to them becoming...

Steph, tuesday 3-Dec-19 20
Cliodhna
Wedding Party Proposals - Overrated or Underrated?
Cliodhna, On November 25, 2019 at 09:05

Wedding party proposals are becoming more and more popular! Are you a fan of elaborate wedding party proposals? Or do you prefer keeping it simple and asking in a more traditional, straightforward...

Tina, saturday 1-Feb-20 24
J. M.
Can’t find jewelry.
J. M., On November 23, 2019 at 15:17

Hello Everyone, I’m trying to find jewellery but I’m having a heck of a time finding something. I checked Ardens and clairs but it’s very costume jewellery. I’m looking for something a little bit more...

Dawn, friday 29-Nov-19 12
Stephanie
Wedding Flowers
Stephanie, On August 28, 2019 at 15:44

Just wondering how much people are spending on flowers for their wedding. Real, assorted flowers (not all roses or 1 kind of flower). How much for the brides bouquet? Maid of honors? Centerpieces?...

Arlene, thursday 12-Sep-19 52
Lynnie
Finish The Sentence: We’re definitely skipping _____.
Lynnie, On September 2, 2019 at 09:05

Are there any wedding traditions that you definitely plan on skipping? Or any traditions you're "revamping" to make them more modern or personalized to you as a couple? Finish the sentence! Next...

Brittani, tuesday 22-Oct-19 32
Alinor
Floral and Decor
Alinor, On July 15, 2019 at 01:55

Hey everyone, I’ve been meeting with several floral/decor vendors, and it seems like I give everyone the same inspirations but prices vary. I can’t seem to be able to settle with a vendor just yet....

Rayanne, wednesday 24-Jul-19 9
Joey
Canadian Trends and Traditions - The month when you got engaged
Joey, On May 20, 2019 at 08:26

Did you know that winter is the most popular time for engagements? "Engagement season" takes place through the winter months (what better way to celebrate your love than snuggling up with your future...

Toni Rose, saturday 7-Sep-19 51
Gina
We did it!!!!
Gina, On April 30, 2019 at 11:23

We did it! And it was absolutely amazing! All that hard work and money, and it was absolutely worth it! I don’t regret a thing! We went to the Rocky Mountains (Kananaskis) and had our wedding on a...

Tamara, monday 15-Jul-19 29
Deborah
Engagement Photo outfit inspo!
Deborah, On February 27, 2019 at 22:27

Hi ladies, I'm looking for some engagement shoot outfit inspiration pics. Please share! What did you wear for your engagement shoot? Bonus points if you bought it online and wasn't charged a fortune...

Veronica, monday 6-May-19 21
Seleena
DIY Obsessed 😍
Seleena, On April 17, 2019 at 20:17

So I’ve done another DIY! I might be slightly obsessed, even a little crazy, lately. I got all these beauties from IKEA for about $25. They are all for candles. The large one is for my...

Allyson, friday 17-May-19 27
Tyanna
Shoes
Tyanna, On March 1, 2019 at 14:28

I know people have done this before, but I can't find a thread, so let's see your shoes! These are mine! I go for my first dress fitting tomorrow so I made sure to get them all laced up today and...

Noel, monday 15-Apr-19 63
Lynnie
What shape is your engagement ring? 💍
Lynnie, On April 2, 2019 at 13:53

Did you pick a pear, square, round, cushion, or oval stone for your engagement ring? Comment below and share your shape! Image from Buzzfeed

Angie, tuesday 7-May-19 72
Amber
Skin care recommendations
Amber, On February 1, 2019 at 18:50

Looking for some pre wedding skin care recommendations! My biggest concern is redness! I’ve tried a few different things with minimal success! Anything anyone swears by?!

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 12
Kaisha
Lets see your Venue!
Kaisha, On February 7, 2019 at 19:28

I would love to see what other people are using as our venue, here is a picture of our reception venue.

Annette, friday 22-Mar-19 58
Paige
Wedding flower meanings
Paige, On February 11, 2019 at 14:25

Is anyone else struggling with picking specific flowers due to their meaning? I’m trying to convince myself meanings don’t matter. For example I love purple carnations but they mean capriciousness....

Deborah, thursday 28-Feb-19 26
Alycia
Band Vs DJ?
Alycia, On February 24, 2019 at 12:34

Keep trying to weight the pros and cons of each to decide. I never gave much thought to my wedding day before getting engaged and this decision feels like a biggie. We originally wanted to make a...

Alycia, friday 1-Mar-19 27
Lynnie
How long have you known your maid (or matron) of honour?
Lynnie, On February 19, 2019 at 13:34

Do you and your maid or matron of honour go way back? Have you been best friends for what feels like forever, or are they someone you met later in life but now can't imagine getting wed without!! How...

Allen, wednesday 27-Feb-19 35
Natasha
Thoughts on crowns/tiaras?
Natasha, On February 16, 2019 at 21:20

What’s your thoughts on wearing a crown/tiara on you wedding day? I’m on the fence with it. My first dress for my ceremony is ball gown and second is fitted. It would go with my wedding theme “the...

Laura, tuesday 1-Feb-22 18
Vanessa
Why Can't I Find Casual Dresses Anywhere?!
Vanessa, On February 26, 2019 at 13:43

I've been to 5 malls, and various bridal stores including the big box stores like David's and I cannot find a casual dress anywhere! I'm looking for something casual, lace, with sleeves. No train....

John, tuesday 25-Jun-19 8
Lynnie
Do you have a dress code for your wedding?
Lynnie, On February 20, 2019 at 13:43

Are you requesting a certain dress code for your wedding? I'm attending a black tie wedding this weekend and I'm excited to get all glammed up! What's your wedding dress code, and how are you...

James, thursday 8-Aug-19 16
Geneviève
What to put in my hair
Geneviève, On February 24, 2019 at 20:35

Hi everyone! I wanted to post a pic of my Mori Lee gown since I’m so excited about it. I’ve been looking at my dress and have been stumped with what to accessorize with! Especially as a hairpiece...

Rachel, friday 1-Mar-19 19
Deborah
Couples getting married on 14/august/2020 in Ontario
Deborah, On January 15, 2019 at 08:39

Hi fellow Friday 14th brides! Has anyone rlse

Deborah, wednesday 6-Feb-19 3
Lynnie
White or colourful wedding bouquet?
Lynnie, On January 25, 2019 at 13:05

Have you decided on your bouquet yet? What colour flowers are you using? Are you going for an all white bridal bouquet, or going in a more colourful direction? Photo from A Unique Boutique in...

Monica, monday 11-Feb-19 27
Alycia
Venue Help
Alycia, On January 20, 2019 at 16:05

Everyone tells me I’m just going to know when I see the right place! I wanna get going on my planning but want to have the venue booked and out of the way before I move too far forward. So far I’ve...

Alycia, sunday 27-Jan-19 27

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics