Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner November 2020 Quebec

Anyone planning a destination honeymoon in the fall of 2020 or are you holding off until the Covid-19 pandemic is over?

Stephanie, on July 5, 2020 at 17:03 Posted in Honeymoon 0 15

We're thinking about Jamaica, as it seems the safest option right now, however I just don't know if I'll feel comfortable flying by then. Anyone else struggling with this decision?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 7, 2020 at 17:01
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol! I hope one of your three wonderful options works out so you don't stay home "and be sad". 🤗
  • L
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were originally going to Kauai in Sept, but that plan has be scrapped. I thought about places like Aruba and St. Lucia, but from what I could tell, they're letting in Americans too, so I'm just going to keep my distance.

The current plan is up in the air, but I've booked hotels in Banff, Collingwood, and Niagara Falls (good deals right now and free cancellation!). If things are ok in Canada, we'll go to Banff. If things aren't ok, we'll decide between Collingwood and Niagara Falls, depending on how both areas are doing. If nothing is ok, I'll just stay home and be sad like I have most of 2020, lol.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still planning to have our honeymoon IF we proceed with our wedding.
    We are going to Aruba which currently has 0 cases, so I feel comfortable being there - The only worry is the plane and airport.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    GREAT idea!!! Enjoy!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The quarantine aspect is a really good point! I hadn't thought of that...
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not going out of the country for our honeymoon. We are supposed get married Feb 2021 I'm still not sure if we will have to postpone. If I did leave the country I'd also have to factor in the 2 week quarantine we'd have to do when we got back and I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to get a week off before wedding, a week for honeymoon plus 2 weeks to quarantine from work for vacation so we will be staying in Canada after if we do get married on schedule.
  • L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided after everything that’s been going on we just want to support Canada right now. We figured there are many places in Canada we love or haven’t even seen before so we are considering going to another province when we can! We live in Ontario, so thinking maybe British Columbia! Until we feel comfortable travelling we will choose somewhere in Ontario to do a mini honeymoon!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great news! Thanks for the update. Now it's a waiting game... Smiley winking

Best of luck to you for your wedding and Honeymoon!

• Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To give you all some hope, I work in the travel industry and know of a few countries looking into covering tourists for $10 per day (possibly even less if it becomes a mandatory entry requirement). I also know of a major insurer who is looking to cover COVID-19 within their travel insurance policies. Put it on the back burner for now and see what happens next, but please know that if you do feel comfortable going on your honeymoon in 2020, it will be possible. Personally, our European honeymoon was cancelled and now we are considering; Antigua, St Lucia, Mexico, or St. Vincent & the Grenadines for October onwards. If we book, we will make sure cancellation policies are generous.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve called off our honeymoon until this blows over. Even if they lift quarantining procedures, we don’t want to risk not having health insurance and getting sick while away.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks everyone! Our issue at the moment is that we were originally supposed to get married in Florida and already purchased our plane tickets. The airline won't reimburse us or give us a credit at this time as "flights will be fully operational by November". If we cancel our tickets, then we will be charged a fee. *sigh* In any case, we definitely are not going to Florida, so we're trying to find an alternative that seemed 'safe' to not lose the cost of the tickets. That said, things may change by November should the travel advisory be extended again, at which point they will give us full credit and all will be well in our world. Just trying to have a backup plan, but I agree with you all and am also looking at local spots to have a mini getaway until we can (and want) to travel by plane again. Smiley heart

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in winter 2020 and if our wedding can even go as planned, we will be avoiding any travelling until this whole thing completely blows over.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you do plan to go I would make sure that your travel insurance covers everything covid related. Cancelation, illness, emergency flights home etc.

We're getting married in October but are not traveling this year. We might to a mini moon, especially if the Atlantic provences are still bubbled up together, but we would drive and stay the weekend.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your reply! Good luck with your wedding plans! Smiley heart

• Carling
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re supposed to be getting married in November 2020 but have decided to just forget about a honeymoon due to covid. If the wedding ends up happening, we’ll just go away later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics