Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Deborah
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Engagement Photo outfit inspo!

Deborah, on February 27, 2019 at 22:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 21

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some engagement shoot outfit inspiration pics. Please share!

What did you wear for your engagement shoot? Bonus points if you bought it online and wasn't charged a fortune in customs Smiley smile

21 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on May 6, 2019 at 09:57
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh great! It is a very fun dress, I am keeping it safe in my closet until the shoot so I do not spoil it but after that I plan to wear it lots! Thanks for the advice on FH husband's outfit, that sounds easy enough to pull together. Smiley smile

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have this dress and it's my favourite dress I own (besides my wedding dress lol) good pick!!
    For your FHs outfit he could wear jeans and a nice shirt in one of the colours on the dress.. I think that would work!
  • Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cute, I love the scenery. You have a very talented photographer! Our engagement shoot is scheduled for June 13. I will post pics as soon as possible after!

• Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is adorable and very springy!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did ours in the forest haha. So we dressed in casual clothes that we wear everyday.

Have you done your engagement pics yet?

Engagement Photo outfit inspo! 1

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well after a bit of frustration and searching various shops, I went with this dress from Old Navy, got it on sale! I really just did NOT want to spend a large amount on the outfit for these photos but also wanting something really feminine and springy. I think it will work Smiley smile Now to figure out how to match up with FH outfit. Neither of us are fashion inclined at all.

Photo Shoot DressEngagement Photo outfit inspo! 2

Good luck! (Note the photo is the Old Navy model not me)

• Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This dress is gorgeous! You look stunning. Not heard of Morning Lavender yet so thanks for the tip, I will have to check them out.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a gifted REDValentino dress from a really close friend of mine so it had a really sentimental meaning behind it. There are tons of more affordable similar options out there from LULUS or Morning Lavender.

Engagement SessionEngagement Photo outfit inspo! 3

• Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOVE these, especially the 5o's ones. That pop of red on your dress is fab! Think i'll play it safe with a nice maxi with good movement, then jeans and a nice top for outfit number two! We just booked our photographer today and have our engagement session in mid June 😀
  • Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not applicable for us sadly but your pics are amazing! A literal winter wonderland!
  • Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is such a lovely photo. You definitley can't gor wrong with a white top and denim.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore my favourite dress, I bought it from dynamite. I bought it in store but they do have a website

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our shoot in August at the Bluffs. I wore 2 summer dresses from Aritzia. One grey bodycon dress and the second one was a ruffled baby blue dress
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours were in the dead of January and it was in the -20s with the wind chill so not sure if it applies but I wore my favourite pair of jeans, a white coat and a colourful scarf!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both wore clothes we already owned and felt comfortable in. I also wore mostly solids (minus the scarf) and he wore a plaid shirt. We both wore jeans but I went back and forth with wearing leggings.

Our photo shoot was in the fall and we had leather jackets too that we were going to wear, but it was unseasonably warm (18 Celsius in October).

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with casual yet nice outfits as we wanted the pictures to represent 'us'. My entire outfit is from Lucky Brand Jeans. I wore my leather jacket in some pics to change it up a bit. We also took a few with out Blue Jays jerseys because our first date was to a game, also we tend to go to a lot during the season.

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can't go wrong, no matter what you choose. I have seen stunning photos that are super casual, ones that are super formal, some that are themed/costume-y...

My FH and I did two outfits for our shoot at Fort Edmonton Park. One casual (for the 1880's area), and one 50's themed (for the antique fair ground/antique car area).

My casual outfit I got from Walmart (white blouse, white tank top, blue capris); his casual we got the t-shirt at Walmart, dress shirt at Simon's (on sale), and he wore jeans he already had. For our 50's one, I wore a dress I already had, bought a crinoline online. For his, we used black pants he already had, bought a simple black dress shirt (Simons, on sale again), and I ordered his tie/suspenders from amazon.ca He already had his fedora.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Make sure you pick something you are comfortable in! We wanted more casual, but nice for our pictures. I got my top at YaYa (on sale thank god) and then just a nice pair of jeans! You can't really see it, but the back is completely open !!

Engagement Picundefined

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got both of my dresses (did 2 shoots) from Urban Planet and they were both under $20 each! I kept my dresses white to kind of play with the wedding theme and my Fiance did a grey shirt for one shoot and black shirt for the other!

• Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That dress is gorgeous!! Love it. We are thinking of quite informal - a neighbourhood diner, then the tiki taxi to the Toronto Islands (where we had our first date). There may be some light biking involved too. I like the idea of one more casual outfit and one slightly more dressed up. There are plenty of ideas out there but it's very much trend led and I want the pictures to look classic too - don't want to date ourselves with fashion!

• L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! What location is your engagement session going to be at? Are you going for more of a relaxed vibe or more on the fancier side of things. Personally I have decided (for me and my FH lol) that I want half the photos to be more fancy and then half to be relaxed. Best of both worlds. I have yet to decide about our relaxed outfits, but I’m thinking dark washed jeans and a white t shirt or cable knit sweater. We are taking photos in May. Originally I had bought a dress as we anticipated taking them in winter... luckily the dress also works for spring. I’ll attach a photo of the dress for the “fancy style” photos. It’s from ASOS, bought online. No duties. Got it on sale!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics