Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Why Can't I Find Casual Dresses Anywhere?!

Vanessa, on February 26, 2019 at 13:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

I've been to 5 malls, and various bridal stores including the big box stores like David's and I cannot find a casual dress anywhere!

I'm looking for something casual, lace, with sleeves. No train. Something like this: https://madamebridal.com/modest-bridal-by-mon-cheri-tr11834.html without the length dragging behind.

We live in the GTA. Where the heck can I find these dresses? Are there not any stores that sell this style for casual/minimalist brides?

8 Comments

Latest activity by John, on June 25, 2019 at 09:52
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure if Fairview Mall is far for you, but there is a store in there called Norma Reed. Beautiful dresses not necessarily for weddings and they have it in a bunch of different styles and colours - beading, lace etc. Also, check Marciano... Guess etc they sometimes have some nice white lace dresses too!
  • Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel a lot of the Australian bridal designers have a more casual vibe to them. Grace loves Lace dresses are really nice as is Made with Love. The Modern Bride in Guelph seems to stock quite a few of the harder to find brands, so they may be worth checking out. Perhaps you can expand the search by considering strapless and adding either a topper or having a seamstress add sleeves. Also check ASOS - this one is gorgeous!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would try waiting a bit, until the spring collections start coming in. You'll have a better chance of finding white dresses that aren't necessarily bridal. I would keep an eye out for cocktail/evening wear at The Bay, Le Chateau, Nordstrom, etc.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what came to my mind immediately too.
    • Sinclair Dress by BHLDN

Also these are not exactly what you're looking for, but are somewhat close:

• Adina by Le Chateau
    • Mara by Le Chateau

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Consider Loversland on Ossington or Asos?
    Also maybe try Kensington Market?
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into LoversLand? its on Ossington Ave in Toronto...they may have something for you there! (their website doesn't show a lot of options, but in-store they have a decent amount)

I got my TwoBirds Bridesmaid dresses there...I would have LOVED to shop for my dress there, but I already had mine at that point (they do casualwear, swimwear, gifts and such too...its a neat store)

https://www.loversland.com/

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe try BHLDN/Anthropologie?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try looking for bridesmaid styles like this but order in white/ivory. Maybe try going back to bridal stores but ask about bridesmaids dresses that match the style you are looking at.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics