Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alinor
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Floral and Decor

Alinor, on July 15, 2019 at 01:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey everyone,

I’ve been meeting with several floral/decor vendors, and it seems like I give everyone the same inspirations but prices vary. I can’t seem to be able to settle with a vendor just yet. How’s everyone else’s decor/floral vendor search going? Any input on what to look for, important point to not be missed?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on July 24, 2019 at 21:53
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going with fake flowers. Real flowers have never been important to me so I'll be able to buy lots of them cheaply and I'll have time to prepare them in centerpieces and bouquets. I've been to a few weddings with fake flowers they were beautiful and didn't make me a sneezy mess.
  • Alinor
    Alinor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So I’ve actually seen 6 decor/floral vendors. The prices for the quotes ranged anywhere from $4k-$7.7k. All decor discussed with each of them was all the same but all had different prices. Some things don’t change in price such as backdrops and draping. Some vendors cut on rentals of vases or other accessories and that changes the price. You definitely do need to give them a budget and they go from there.
  • Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a little frustrated with my search so far (granted I have only checked with two places!). One was GTA based and over $5k including day of coordination, florals and some decor rentals and the other is $4300 - but cannot break the quote down for me due to buying in bulk and not having a store to sell any excess. I think its time to be straight up and say this is our budget, this is our vision and see what they can do with that. Tired of feeling like my vision can't be met without spending a fortune.

• Alinor
    Alinor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey if you don’t mind sharing your decor/floral company that would be awesome Smiley smile thanks!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My floral/decor company are the same which has been helpful.

my mom used them for her wedding and recommended them to me and they have been a pleasure to work for. My florals were substantially less than I budgeted for! As was my decor!

If you’re looking for a company in the Toronto/GRA area let me know! I can recommend them
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's important to follow your gut when picking the floral/décor company you'll be working with. Obviously the price needs to work, but you need to like their style, trust them, and feel confident moving forward. That's how I found my florists Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some décor and floral shops may have what you want and fitting your budget or paying more if its out of season special request.

Make a list of what you need and how much of each to get a quote that may give the consultant a better idea of what their expecting to service to you. Pictures do help as well for the colours to see what can work as a substitute based on availability for your day.

As far as looking into both, my view was to rent and less headache of giving away at the wedding. Picture shown was provided for the vase and floral balls for each table. Money box was also rented from the same place too. The only thing I added was the water colour beads and LED lights.

Floral and Decor 1

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I realized flowers are not something i care about, so i found someone who will do paper flowers for me!! super cost effective, and they won’t wilt or die!!!
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we booked our event designer (who would be in charge of all the florals and decor for the entire day, from the bouquets to the centrepieces, head tables, etc.), we knew she was the one because of how attentive she was to our budget. We gave her our ideas for what we envisioned and what we hoped to have if we had an unlimited budget and she was able to give us what we envisioned for our wedding within our specified price range! Her proposal was on point with what we both had in our minds, the price was quite reasonable, and she is very quick and attentive to our needs. We love her!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics