Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amber
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Skin care recommendations

Amber, on February 1, 2019 at 18:50 Posted in Beauty 0 12
Looking for some pre wedding skin care recommendations! My biggest concern is redness! I’ve tried a few different things with minimal success! Anything anyone swears by?!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 22:27
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use EVELOM, my skin used to have those tiny bumps here and there prior to me using this product. I think the hot compress with the muslin cloth really helped to open up the pores and the cleanser gel helped to get all the gunk/foundation out of my face. Since then i've sworn by this product.

• Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I suggest following Caroline Hirons and Nadine Baggott on social media. I find they are very knowledgable (esp Caroline). Also, join a group like the Skincare Connection on facebook.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is your skin red because it's dry and/or irritated?

If so, I'd recommend organic rosehip seed oil; I prefer The Ordinary's as it's affordable and cold-pressed.

Otherwise, I've heard green concealer is great (and/or a primer with a green hue to neutralize the redness).

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm I don't know about redness, but I started using a daily scrub and have found that the general quality of my skin has improved.

I use La Roche-Posay Ultrafine Scrub;

Skin care recommendations 1

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sephora has really great masks. I have used a couple before, I love the clay one.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried green concealer/sticks? They're supposed to be really good for any kind of redness. I tend to use it for acne flare-ups, which is handy the day-of.

• Kylie
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Celery juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach !!! Drink every morning

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay, so I found a girl who does facials with plant extracts and she literally has all five star reviews. I'm sending my fiance to her because I've heard nothing but positive feedback; and there's a groupon for her services that really saves money.

https://www.annawrona.com/holistic-facials-

https://www.groupon.com/deals/holistic-facials-with-anna

As far as at-home stuff, I swear my Pixie Glow Mud Mask and Glow Tonic. Used daily for a week in combination with a great facial moisturizer (I use aveeno) I noticed a real, substantial difference.

If you're looking to decrease redness with makeup, try Almay 5 in 1 primer with the blue and green balls inside of it. It decreases redness under your makeup and evens tone.

Pixie Glow Mud MaskSkin care recommendations 2Pixie Glow Mud Cleanser Skin care recommendations 3Almay 5 in 1 PrimerSkin care recommendations 4

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Wedding is March 23. During my makeup trial yesterday, my makeup artist suggested it I want a facial to go very soon. I have dry skin so she has asked me to get into the routine of exfoliating my face every 2 days until our Wedding.
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use the Sephora Clay Masks Smiley smile They are only $8 each and you can get a lot of use from the small package. The label says enough for 4 uses but I get at least 12-15 uses from mine!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used to work for the body shop so I use all their products. I have a mix between combination and sensitive skin. It’s literally the only products that don’t make me super greasy or dry.
    The 3 in 1 tea tree wash is amazing. I use it every time I shower and my skin is super smooth!
    The bubbling mask from Sephora is also amazing. I don’t remember exactly what it’s called but it’s in a black package
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use a lot of different masks from Lush, I like the cosmetic warrior, its one you need to keep in the fridge since it doesn’t have preservatives. Or I also like Fomo mask at Lush as well, they both help me with my redness.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics