Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you have a dress code for your wedding?

Lynnie, on February 20, 2019 at 13:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16

Are you requesting a certain dress code for your wedding? I'm attending a black tie wedding this weekend and I'm excited to get all glammed up! Smiley love

What's your wedding dress code, and how are you communicating the formality level to your guests?

Do you have a dress code for your wedding? 1Photo by Zsuzsi Pal Photography in Toronto Do you have a dress code for your wedding? 2

Photo by l'orangerie photographie in Montreal

16 Comments

Latest activity by James, on August 8, 2019 at 06:03
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There was a dress code for the wedding and reception.

Wedding was Semi Formal to keep it simple (shirt, tie and pants) and reception was Black Tie Affair as us grooms wore black front and white back bowties with our suits.

• Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't specifying on invites, but it will mention the semi-formal dress code on our wedding website under the FAQ section. I would hope people scope the venue out online and get a feel for the level of formality, but maybe I am being too naive haha.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is semi formal. We ent to a wedding last year were people showed up wearing sweats.
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is a black tie wedding so its a formal dress code! My Fh and I are pumped about it, my family is super excited for it, as with our friends. His family was a bit confused at first but I think they are coming around.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't put a dress code on the invitation, but since the ceremony is being held at a cathedral and then the reception at a banquet hall, we're assuming people realize they should come dressed in formal wear.

• Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are only 16 guests (all immediate family and two friends) so I know they’re all wearing the typical semi-formal wedding attire.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having a dress code and when people ask, we encourage them to come dressed for a casual garden party.

It's a daytime wedding and brunch reception so it seems a bit much to impose any kind of a dress code.

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a farm wedding in a tent so it’s going to be fairly casual. The boys in the wedding party will be in nice jeans so I obviously have no problem with others wearing jeans 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t putting any dress code on our invites or anything. I think people will know to suit up since it’s a church ceremony Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not specifying what the dress code is, but people know it's going to be at a hall, therefore my fingers are crossed that nobody shows up in jeans lol.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours will be Semi-formal. (Not in sweatpants and flannel like my fiancé’s cousin at his brothers’ Wedding🙄)
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We do not have a dress code, my mind automatically goes to semi-formal though. People could dress casual though I would not be upset at all.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dressy casual. Like a Sunday best kinda deal.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will ask that people dress semi-formal (NO JEANS!!), and bring a change of clothes if they would like for the evening when we have a bonfire - we will have bathrooms they can change in, but I don't want people showing up in jeans for the ceremony. I will be wearing a big gown so they can wear something nicer as well.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Semi-Formal is our dress code, which we've included on our wedding website.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing semi-formal/dressy casual! We'll have it on our invitations and our wedding website (along with examples). It's usually how I dress for weddings when I don't know the dress code and I don't want to police what guests are wearing so I figured it was a safe bet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics