Kim

Vancouver, British Columbia · From February 2018

Happily married 🎉

September 16, 2018

2068days 15hrs
Cassandra
Wedding Favours
Cassandra, On January 7, 2020 at 09:40

Any suggestions on wedding favors? Something that can be bought in bulk to save money but also not too tacky. I've considered matches, candles, playing cards, and bubbles. I'm totally open to DIY...

Jodi, tuesday 10-Mar-20 22 1
J
How you allocated a $10,000 max wedding budget.
Jenna, On December 28, 2019 at 20:01

How did you allocate a $10,000 or similar wedding budget? We just got engaged and will be having a baby next summer, so I am thinking we will get married in the summer of 2021. I am wanting a...

Heidi, monday 10-Feb-20 12 1
K
Buffet foods
Katherine, On December 29, 2019 at 23:34

Anyone doing buffet style as opposed to servers? What sort of foods are you planning?

Genna, sunday 5-Jan-20 9
Ally
Hair combs on a budget
Ally, On December 15, 2019 at 22:13

Does anyone have recommendations of where to find a hair comb that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? I tried this one at my dress pick up appointment and I really like the style but I’m not willing to...

Megan, sunday 29-Dec-19 13
Emma
Invitations
Emma, On December 10, 2019 at 09:27

We received our invitations and we're super disappointed. Our names are supposed to be in a light pink colour. What we got was more of an orange colour. After contacting the company they told me they...

Natasha, thursday 26-Dec-19 29
Sinéad
What does your guest book look like?
Sinéad, On December 10, 2019 at 09:05

Your guest book is a wonderful keepsake from your wedding, with beautiful messages from family, friends and special guests! Have you thought about yours yet? Will you go for a traditional book that...

Amanda, thursday 12-Dec-19 9
S
Black and White
Shannon, On December 9, 2019 at 15:54

Hello everyone, Im doing a b&w theme wedding and I was wondering if anyone out there has done a b&w wedding? Id love some idea for center pieces also. I do have pintrest boards started also....

Shannon, thursday 12-Dec-19 6
Emilyn
Wedding Hashtag
Emilyn, On October 25, 2019 at 14:54

Just looking for wedding hashtag ideas from anyone! My name is Emilyn and fiance's name is Mark. Last name is Cook so it's a fairly common name. If anyone creative out there has an idea let me know 😊 ...

Megan, thursday 31-Oct-19 6
S
Wedding Hashtag last name Allison
Shavanah, On October 12, 2019 at 18:15

I’m having a hard time thinking of something creative/original as our hastag. I don’t want to use my last name in the hastag as I’ll become an Allison. Our first names are Trent and Shavanah. I really...

Cliodhna, friday 18-Oct-19 5
Joey
Where did your ring come from?
Joey, On October 1, 2019 at 07:51

Was your ring ordered online? Is it from an independent jeweler? Did you get it from a popular chain of jewelers? Was it passed down to you? Where did your ring come from? Photo by Parisian Premia...

Bianca, wednesday 2-Oct-19 15
Taylor
Personal vows
Taylor, On September 30, 2019 at 09:42

Hey all, My FH and I decided we would write our own vows, as we aren't the most traditional people. My problem is I'm not always great with words so I'm already a little nervous saying how I feel in...

Ashley, tuesday 1-Oct-19 7
Monique
Adjustable ring?
Monique, On September 19, 2019 at 01:37

Hello! So I am trying to figure out what to do for my FHs ring. His knuckles are a different ring size than his finger so if he has a larger ring to fit over his knuckle, it's loose on his finger. But...

Nancy, tuesday 24-Sep-19 14
Lynnie
Cake Smash? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:50

It's our final tradition! How do you feel about the cake smash? Is it a cute and fun memorable wedding moment? Or would you be super pissed if your new spouse smashed cake in your face? 🍰 What's your...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 33
Lynnie
Garter Toss? Keep or Cancel?

I have to confess that I've never actually seen a garter toss in person! But apparently 37% of grooms still participate in this reception tradition! Will this toss tradition make the cut for your...

Allison, monday 2-Dec-19 31
Lynnie
Bouquet Toss? Keep or Cancel?

To toss the bouquet, or not to toss? 💐 That is the divisive question! Some brides are so over this outdated tradition, and don't want to drag out all their single friends onto the dance floor while...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 32
Lynnie
Clinking for Kisses? Keep or Cancel?

Clink Clink!! 🥂 It's time to smooch again, as demanded by your guests! Are you saying keep to this tradition because you'll take any opportunity to lay another kiss on your new spouse's lips? 😘 Or do...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 29
Lynnie
Reception Speeches? Keep or Cancel?

Reception toasts from your father, maid of honor, and best man can be incredibly moving and bring everyone to happy tears! 😭 That is, when the speeches are done well! On the other hand, they can also...

Renee, tuesday 3-Dec-19 31
Lynnie
Traditional Wedding Vows? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:49

Do you still get emotional when you hear the traditional promises of "in sickness and in health"? Or are you all-in on modernizing the old wedding vows and making them more personal to your...

Taylor, wednesday 4-Dec-19 30
Lynnie
"Here Comes The Bride"? Keep or Cancel?

"Here Comes The Bride" (aka Wagner's Bridal Chorus) is the traditional old-school processional song. Do you still love this dramatic bridal march? Or are you ready to say goodbye to this old organ...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 39
Lynnie
Matching Bridesmaids Dresses? Keep or Cancel?

Are you SO over seeing an army of bridesmaids wearing the exact same dress? Or do you still like the traditional uniform look? It's time to vote on matching bridesmaids dresses! Keep or cancel? Photo...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 41
Lynnie
Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:48

This week we want to know which popular wedding traditions you're still into, and which ones you're ready to say goodbye to!! 👋 Photo from My Confetti Celebration in Vancouver Click on each discussion...

Nelly, tuesday 24-Sep-19 16
Maddie19
No Honeymoon?
Maddie19, On September 13, 2019 at 17:22

Did anyone NOT go on a honeymoon and regret it? I'm thinking we'll do a small getaway to Banff and go on a big trip the year after. Did anyone else do something like this? I'm scared I'll be sad we...

Ashley, monday 23-Sep-19 9
Emily
Costco bulk flowers
Emily, On September 3, 2019 at 18:25

Wondering if anyone has used Costco for bulk flowers for their wedding before, if you have - what was your experience? If you used another wholesaler I’d love to hear about that too

Jake, tuesday 27-Oct-20 12 1
J
Hashtag Help!
Jenn, On September 5, 2019 at 09:32

Hey! Looking for wedding hashtag ideas for the last name Taylor! thanks in advance!

Cliodhna, friday 13-Sep-19 5
Lynnie
Farthest you've ever travelled to attend a wedding?
Lynnie, On September 5, 2019 at 13:05

Have you travelled internationally or cross-country to join the celebrations? What's the farthest distance you've ever travelled to attend someone's wedding? ✈️ I just set my personal record! We...

Kim, thursday 5-Sep-19 10
Lynnie
Do you wear your engagement ring 24/7?
Lynnie, On August 27, 2019 at 13:47

Do you wear your engagement ring 24/7? Or are there specific times when you take it off? Share your ring rules and routine! 💍 Photo from The Mindful Choices in Brampton, ON

Darren, sunday 3-Nov-19 37
S
Flower Girl/Ring Bearer
Samantha, On August 27, 2019 at 19:40

What are the opinions on excluding a flower girl and ring bearer? I don't have many small children that would suit the role.

Ashley, monday 23-Sep-19 13
Joey
Is a pre-wedding pedicure necessary or not?
Joey, On August 28, 2019 at 08:05

Will you be getting a pedicure before your wedding to get your feet looking perfect for your getting ready photos, open-toed shoes, and barefoot dancing? Or is this something you plan to skip and save...

Sadia, wednesday 4-Dec-19 16
C
Wedding Shower
Christine, On August 28, 2019 at 08:21

The thought of my wedding shower is stressing me out a bit so I figured I would turn to the community for help! My FH and I have been living together for 5 years and really don’t need anything for our...

Ashley, thursday 12-Sep-19 14
M
Help me pick my shoes!
Meaghan, On August 17, 2019 at 08:43

I'm going to wear shoes I already own when I elope. I'm having a hard time deciding what works best. This is my dress: These are the contenders (shown in the colours I own). I was going to go with the...

Rayanne, thursday 29-Aug-19 15
Lynnie
Which cake topper is your favourite? 🍰
Lynnie, On August 16, 2019 at 16:43

Which creative cake topper do you like best? A) This lifelike topper? Photo by Jessilynn Wong Photography in Toronto B) This custom cake topper with the newlyweds' new name? Photo by Simply Lace...

Katelyn, wednesday 21-Aug-19 11
Chanelle
Outdoor Dance Floor
Chanelle, On August 16, 2019 at 22:15

I am thinking of having my dance outside under a tent. But that means no dance floor! The ground is mulch. Any ideas on if I can rent a dance floor, DIY, or suck it up??? Thanks!

Cliodhna, friday 6-Sep-19 5

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics