Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2022 Quebec

Buffet foods

Katherine, on December 29, 2019 at 23:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Anyone doing buffet style as opposed to servers? What sort of foods are you planning?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Genna, on January 5, 2020 at 17:44
  • Genna
    Curious September 2022 Nova Scotia
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re skipping the sit down dinner as it will free up cash for other things that are important to us.. we’re considering doing a make your own burger station with different buns and toppings (everyone eats meat on our list) and having some sides like coleslaw potatoe salad, dips, veggie and fruit trays etc plan on doing this during our reception or like during cocktail hour
  • Miranda
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a BBQ bar with chicken, beef and a vegetarian option as well as coleslaw, potato salad, macaroni salad, homemade baked beans and homemade buns.
  • Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I had a catering plan nailed down, but it didn't work out, so I'm now in the same boat trying to decide what buffet food to serve. Right now we're trying to decide between a somewhat standard/traditional buffet with chicken, steak, rice, roasted potatoes, caesar salad and quinoa salad, a BBQ buffet with chicken, some other sort of BBQ'd meat (possibly steak, hamburgers or pork), baked potatoes, mac & cheese, caesar salad, and finally an Italian buffet with three different types of pasta and a couple of salads. Not sure which way to go. Wish I could include it all.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did buffet of Danny's Whole Hog BBQ. It was pulled pork (with buns and sauces), BBQ chicken, mixed veggies, mac & cheese, baked potato's, caeser salad, and then napkins and whatnot. Oh, and then the dessert with it was dainties (brownies, Nanaimo bars, carrot cake, and butter tarts).

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! Sounds delicious.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing buffet!! of indian food and pastas!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a few salads, roasted veggies, seafood pasta, maple salmon, and scalloped potatoes on the buffet table, and then a prime rib carving station, plus a dessert station. We were lucky in that we had no vegetarians or other dietary restrictions to worry about.

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's plenty of help. Stations are a good idea, thanks!
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine.

I am doing served dinner service. But i have seen people do stations. A carving station, one for vegetarians, ..ect.

Sorry wish I was more help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics