Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddie19
Curious July 2020 Alberta

No Honeymoon?

Maddie19, on September 13, 2019 at 17:22 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

Did anyone NOT go on a honeymoon and regret it? I'm thinking we'll do a small getaway to Banff and go on a big trip the year after.

Did anyone else do something like this? I'm scared I'll be sad we didn't go on one.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2019 at 15:44
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea. save up for it. i think as long as your planning a big trip youll be super happy and excited!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mini-moons are getting more popular, mostly because you don't have to do a wedding and then a big trip soon after (lots of $&dollarSmiley winking.

I'd definitely do some sort of getaway (like the Banff trip you're planning) and then a bigger trip a year after (anniversary trip!). I know people who didn't do a mini-moon right after the wedding and regretted doing a smaller trip right after (they did a trip to New Zealand for their 1st anniversary).

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mini-moons are very common these days. We did a three day trip to Whistler after our wedding, then saved the big honeymoon trip for the end of January the following year when hubby had more time off work (we also liked that time of year for getting away to a tropical location!)

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be doing a mini moon as well! Our wedding is on a Saturday and we have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday booked off work. The plan is to stay at one of the more expensive hotels, go to the nordic spa that is here, and maybe go see cirque du soleil.

Have to wait till next year to afford a trip as well as be able to get time off of work (FH juuuuuust started a new job and I have school starting by distance ed. a couple days before the wedding).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a mini moon up north for a couple days on our own and then a couple days with my family the weekend after the wedding.
    Then we are doing our honeymoon in November.
    For sure do it when it works for you. But I do think you should do something the weekend you get married or after to spend time with your husband!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were planning on disney world for 10 days but are now doing montreal for 8. Honestly I think the only thing that matters is taking the time with your new spouse. It doesn't matter if you go on a big fancy trip, it just means you will spend more time getting bizzay. If you know what I mean Smiley winking
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't do anything big right after our wedding either since both our jobs are quite busy in the fall, but we might head up north for a brief (and inexpensive) getaway to celebrate.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend did this for her honeymoon and I think it was fine! A mini moon and then go on a honeymoon when you are able too!

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are going to do a mini moon right after (probably to Banff also) but we'll go on the bigger honeymoon later in the year. I think it's actually pretty common to go on your honeymoon later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics