Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Curious July 2020 Ontario

Invitations

Emma, on December 10, 2019 at 09:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29
We received our invitations and we're super disappointed. Our names are supposed to be in a light pink colour. What we got was more of an orange colour. After contacting the company they told me they would fix it but I had to pay for the invitations again with a discount! I at this point I just asked for my money back and want to know if places other brides have gone to get their invitations. Thanks in advance for your help!
Invitations 1

29 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on December 26, 2019 at 19:52
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Used vistaprint for engagement party and shower but went with minted for the actual invites. quality is amazing custom editing is spot on you'll never be surprised but price tag is $$$

• J
    Newbie June 2020 Alberta
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think they look good! I'm assuming we aren't getting the right colours on the photo you posted. Getting your money back and choosing something else is the best option, hope it works out for you
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know you are disappointed but honestly I think they look awesome as is.

• Michelle
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint!! I got our Save The Dates (150) of them for $60. They don't come with envelopes (I believe the wedding invites do), so I ordered some craft paper ones off of Amazon for an additional $15. Vistaprint always has a sale on, so I NEVER pay full price. Sign up for their emails and just wait! I believe I got my STDs at 40% off Smiley smile

Save The DateInvitations 2

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think your invitations are beautiful! If this really bothers you i would look for other options. We did ours through vista print with a template and they turned out wonderful and cost effective!
    Invitations 3
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww well thank you so much! I appreciate you saying that!
  • Havier
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Havier ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend Aliyah is a photographer and She has an awesome invitation package that we're using. You can customize it like crazy so we're going through her.

Here's her Instagram if you're curious;

www.instagram.com/aliyahrosephotography

Side note, I know they aren't exactly what you had in mind but those look gorgeous and I'm sure your guests wouldn't know the difference.

• Ashley
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes the digital proof looks lighter and comes darker in printed for this is due to settings on the designers part, they probably had the colours set to RBG rather then CMYK
  • Cockerton
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went through Vistaprint and used one of their templates. They turned out perfectly! And were very reasonably priced!
  • Paige
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I add no issues ordering through shutterfly, but it is US dollars so have to factor that in. Hope that helps and I’m sorry to hear about your invites!
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Emma,
    I have to agree with Ashley and the others. In the end no one but you will notice. And btw I think they are beautiful. So your money and move on to the next task at hand.
  • M
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Monika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sept 12, 2020 Smiley smile

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to re-order. They look beautiful as is!

None of your guests care if the text is more orange than pink. Only you notice and care. In my opinion, its not worth the extra expense, or the waste of paper to have them re-done.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion, I think the initiations are gorgeous as is! I know it isn't what you had in mind, but guests will never know the difference. 😊 I would just accept how they turned out and move onto other things! We've had TONS of things not go according to plan and I've had to learn to just go with the flow. 😊
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw thank you so much! I'm debating if it's worth it to fix it because that will just cost more money or just leave it how it is

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered mine through Vista Print! But I think these look stunning. Your names match well with the geo - border around the card. so cute!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its hard to see in the picture but they dont look bad!! they look like the outside shape color you have so it looks like that is suppose to match.

• K
    Curious February 2022 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine from Vista print, when I first got them there was a few that had some lines through them like the printer ran out of ink part way, I contacted them and they sent a whole new batch of 100 to me express ship with no questions asked and they were perfect. I also got envelope seals, return address stickers, and RSVP cards and envelopes, along with the invitations and their envelopes (enough for 100 people) and it it was like $95

• Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! That's exciting! When's your date?
  • M
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Monika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they look nice!!

P.S. We are getting married at Whistle Bear in 2020 tooSmiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think they look bad!

As others have said, Vistaprint. Costco does them too but they have a small list of options.
  • Jessica
    Beginner July 2023 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found all my things on Etsy. My invitations just got finalized. Haha so I'll let you know how it goes 🤷 haha
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also went Vistaprint. Highly customizable and quick service. We had a slight complaint that the RSVP card backs were slightly lighter black than the invitation backs, and they were quick to offer to reprint and ship to us for no additional charge.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint has excellent for their customer service if there was a mistake made. Their invitations are amazing in high quality and to correct any mistakes with taking off the order refunding you back the money if your not satisfied. It terrible that the company is making you pay for the remake of the invitations. I wouldn't go back for any other stationary purchases.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used vistaprint for our Save the Dates and they have so many designs and are really customizable. We were very happy with how they turned out, plus they very often have good sales.

Our invitations were bought online from Invitations by Dawn and we love them! They're not as customizable as Vistaprint, but there are a lot of different designs.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to an actual stationary place that specializes in invitations. It's not very close to where you are though (they're located in Woodbridge).

Rainbow Invitations is what her company is called.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine from Vista Print and was able to customize mine based off of their template! Added a couple pictures of flowers, more wording, etc. and they turned out great!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made my own from scratch but I know many brides that have been happy with Vistaprint, and like Genevieve said they're still having a sale right now for 50% off!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We purchased editable invitations on Etsy for our shower and we did Vistaprint for the wedding. Honestly, we had no issues with either one. Vistaprint has their 50% off sale on if there’s something there that you like

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics