Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Farthest you've ever travelled to attend a wedding?

Lynnie, on September 5, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10

Have you travelled internationally or cross-country to join the celebrations? What's the farthest distance you've ever travelled to attend someone's wedding? ✈️

I just set my personal record! We recently went to a friend's wedding in Ireland! ☘️

Dromoland Castle:

Farthest you've ever travelled to attend a wedding? 1
Farthest you've ever travelled to attend a wedding? 2
Farthest you've ever travelled to attend a wedding? 3

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on September 5, 2019 at 20:40
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The furthest I've been is to my aunt's wedding in the Dominican Republic. According to Google, that's 5,779 kilometers from Vancouver (about an 8 hour plane ride).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Furthest ever travelled back in 2012/13 is India for my cousins wedding being held one day after another. The flight itself with connections including Singapore was 30 hours.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I lived in Burks falls and travelled to Niagara falls only about a 3 1/2 hour drive. I'd love to go to a destination wedding though. I love travelling
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The furthest we’ve travelled so far was from Toronto (where we live) to Winnipeg for DH’s cousins wedding.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The farthest I have travelled for a wedding is only just over an hour. I was invited to my cousin's wedding in Florida at Disney World but couldn't go because I had an anatomy exam that day Smiley cry

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Farthest I have gone was my sisters wedding in Perth Australia!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably the farthest I've gone is 2 hours away for my FH's cousin last year.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recently traveled to my hometown (where I'm getting married) to be in my bridesmaid's wedding. The plane ride is 2 hours or a 18 hour car ride lol.

Most weddings I've gone to, I lived near the location (less than 1 hour) at the time.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like déjà by on this one ...furthest I’ve travelled is an hour and 30 minutes for a wedding.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've only be to 2 but one was in Duluth Minnesota. The trip there was great we stopped in Chicago on the way. Best trip I've ever taken actually. And the wedding was beautiful, they had it at a train museum and that was a big part of it, we got to look at everything and it was nice because it was totally private just for the wedding guests. Loved it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics