Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Beginner May 2021 Ontario

Wedding Favours

Cassandra, on January 7, 2020 at 09:40 Posted in DIY 1 22
Any suggestions on wedding favors? Something that can be bought in bulk to save money but also not too tacky.

I've considered matches, candles, playing cards, and bubbles. I'm totally open to DIY ideas also.
Thanks in advance!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jodi, on March 10, 2020 at 11:55
  • Jodi
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Doing a candy bar with bags ordered from Amazon and custom stickers from Vistaprint that say our names and the wedding date to seal the bags Smiley smile Candy will be bought in bulk. Simple, delicious and inexpensive.

• Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We found a local vendor who makes flower seed paper We will have it in a little basket marked watch our love grow! They are so small they can easily be put in a pocket, wallet, or purse.

• Breanna
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing timbits in a cut bride/groom box! We used to do dates at timmies, plus we love timbits. Is this tacky or cute? lol!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking sun glasses or mini donuts in a fancy box with ribbon!!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing edible favours, my FH wanted to have maple candies at our wedding so we decided to do a his favourite/her favourite candy wedding favour.

His will be the maple candies, and mine will probably be pretzels for a salty vs sweet option

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could pick your favourite candies and do like a his and hers? Or you could roll your own beeswax candles? (My mom used to have a business for that, you'd be surprised how many people get excited over them!) Or maybe make like a gatorade mix? His and hers favourite flavours, buy the powder for mixing and put in 2 little jars or treat baggies tightly sealed? I did hot chocolate and marshmallows in jars for a friend's event, they were so cute!

We were going to do homemade fudge because my mom's is sooooo yummy, but then she made sponge toffee at Christmas and it was aaaaamaaazingggghh!!!!!!! lol So now we're likely doing that and cutting it into bigger squares so we can do a chocolate drip over the top and monogram it. The last bit is time consuming but the overall process will be faster and way cheaper.
  • Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing maple syrup as my family makes it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did blankets? May can still be a bit chilly? (They were from ikea for $2.49 each)

Otherwise I can also say that we used WeddingStar.ca for some of our wedding party and family gifts and it was a great site!

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We ordered them from Wedding Star! I think they were $1.99 per pack. 😊
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding Favours 1These are the candy bar jars I bought off marketplace. My MOH wants the two big wine glasses and the huge one to the right of them.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get the cards customized? Smiley smile
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this!!! Jars aren't too expensive in bulk either Smiley smile
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So unique! I love it ♡
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great idea !
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did bottle toppers and personalized shot glasses. The glasses are small so hopefully people can find room for them, and the non-drinkers can use them as short bud vases.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing loose leaf tea!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! And I just found out today that Costco sells chocolate bars in bulk, which is much cheaper than where I was originally thinking of buying from. Thankfully this was only a tester so I haven't bought all of them yet lol. And double thankfully, FH's mom has a membership, so I'm just gonna tag along with her next time she goes
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to have a candy bar. I figure who doesn't like candy? Besides I have kids at home so if no one takes it....CANDY lol. I got the candy bar jars off of another bride on marketplace for a steal. You can always use containers you and loving family members have to save on the set up cost. Had I not got the candy bar jars I would have been searching everyone fancy dishes that usually never see the light of day lol. My MOH already called dibs on 3 of the jars for her home decor after the wedding.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing welcome bags and we got playing cards as the favor to go in them. I absolutely love them!! Here is just some of the things going in the bags. 😊Wedding Favours 2
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely wouldn't leave them....not sure if they would still be in the package when I left lol
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so cute! I love the idea ♡ thank you!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I printed off these cute cards in our wedding colours then attached them to mine and FH's favourite chocolate bars. It was just a little something that is uniquely us. Plus, who leaves edible favours behind?😂
    Wedding Favours 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics