Skip to main content
Summer
Summer

Ohsweken, Ontario · From January 2017

I am a kindergarten teacher who loves to travel, watch lacrosse, and spend time with my fiance and our families. We are getting married on May 4th, 2019.... View more

I am a kindergarten teacher who loves to travel, watch lacrosse, and spend time with my fiance and our families. We are getting married on May 4th, 2019. 10 days before our fourth anniversary. From the beginning, I always knew it'd be him. From our first moments together, everything was right.

Happily married 🎉

May 4, 2019

1811days 20hrs
Summer
We got married!!
Summer, On May 8, 2019 at 21:20

On Saturday, May 4th we got married! it was a major DIY wedding but everything went amazing! On Friday, the girls and I went to the spa for mani/pedis and lunch. Afterwards our entire wedding party...

Vinod, saturday 13-Jul-19 17
Joey
True or False - I find wedding planning fun
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:45

Some people love wedding planning so much they get the blues once it's over. Some people cry at their wedding because they're so full of relief that they don't have to plan the wedding anymore. Has...

BunnyBride, saturday 7-Sep-19 30
Joey
True or False - Wedding planning is going the way I expected it would
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:49

Expectation vs reality - the wedding planning edition. When you got engaged did you have a vision for how wedding planning would be? What parts have surprised you? What people have surprised you?...

Melissa, friday 11-Oct-19 28
Joey
True or False - I've had to abandon an idea because it was going over time or budget
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:50

Not all of our gorgeous ideas will make it to the wedding day. It's a fact of wedding planning (and life!) that we have limited time and money and sometimes things have to be cut in favor of other...

Geneviève, thursday 7-Nov-19 35
Joey
True or False - I'm doing well sticking to my budget
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:51

Did you have a firm budget set before you embarked on planning? Have you tracked it meticulously? Tried to estimate how close you were to it? Crossed your fingers that you were on track? Or have you...

Melissa, friday 11-Oct-19 34
Joey
True or False - Members of my wedding party are being helpful and supportive
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:53

Offering helpful suggestions, getting their measurements taken on time so you can order their outfit, devoting a day to help you DIY, sending you words of enthusiastic support... these are just some...

Melissa, friday 11-Oct-19 32
Joey
True or False - Finding my vendors was easy
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:54

Was finding and booking your vendors a quick and easy process? Or did you struggle to find some, or all, of them? Which were easy and which were a real challenge to book? Finding my vendors was easy:...

Melissa, friday 11-Oct-19 32
Joey
True or False - I've had a clear vision for our wedding right from the start, and I've stuck to it
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:55

Some of us know right from the start what colors, theme, and style we want for our wedding, while others of us will change our minds again and again and again. Have you had a plan all along? I've had...

Melissa, friday 11-Oct-19 35
Joey
True or False - My partner is as involved in planning as I am
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:56

When it comes to crossing things off your to-do list, making decisions, and putting in the effort needed to plan your wedding, is your partner an equal partner? My partner is as involved in planning...

Cara, friday 11-Oct-19 36
Peggy
How long left until your big day?
Peggy, On April 22, 2019 at 16:25

I'm just under 2 weeks from my wedding day...oh, who am I kidding, I know exactly how long I have left! It's only 12 days away!!! I'm getting into the swing of last minute details (altering my flower...

Candace, thursday 25-Apr-19 31
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - What is the cleanup plan?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:25

The night is over, your guests are leaving, and all you want to do is sweep up your spouse and start your life as a newly married couple. But somehow you need to get your decor, gifts, cards, extra...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 34
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Have you invited your officiant?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:26

Traditional etiquette says that you should invite your officiant to your reception. They may decline, but it's still considered polite to invite them so they can continue to celebrate with you after...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 37
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Have you arranged for vendor meals?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:27

Your vendors are working hard for you, right through meal time. Have you and your caterer arranged to feed them? Do they each get a choice that you need to collect from them? Does your caterer know...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 33
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Will you give a thank you speech?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:28

Are you planning to make a speech to your guests? Will you toast to them and thank them for attending? Have you sorted out the details? Who will speak? What will you say? When will the speech happen?...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 37
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - How will you greet each guest?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:29

The age-old reception debate: will you have a receiving line to ensure you can welcome each guest personally, or will you go table-to-table to have your special moment with everyone? How will you...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 43
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Where will your phone be?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:30

What are you doing with your phone at your reception? Keeping it with you to take pics? Giving it to a relative or member of your wedding party so it's close but not too close? Switching it off and...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 39
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Will you have a toss-bouquet/garter?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:31

Have you considered getting a toss-bouquet? This is a smaller, sometimes artificial, replica of a bridal bouquet that is easy to toss and safer to catch (no thorns here!). You can also get...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 30
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Where will you place favours?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:31

If you've planned to have favors, you still have one more decision to make - how will you make sure your guests remember to take their favors home? Will you set each favor on the reception tables?...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 35
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Will you have a change of shoes?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:32

You've selected the perfect shoes for your ceremony and photos, but are they comfortable enough to let you dance the night away, blister free? Will you be slipping off your ceremony shoes and lacing...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 34
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Do you have your cake accessories?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:33

You've arranged for a cake or desserts, but do you have everything you need to make sure your cake cutting moment goes smoothly? Do you have your cake topper? What will your cake be resting on? Do you...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 32
Candace
Collecting photos
Candace, On April 9, 2019 at 12:36

Most of us have probably gone ahead and hired a professional photographer but I'm sure we also want some candid photos of our guests. Maybe even just some different angles of the same event? How are...

Donna Yeung, tuesday 23-Apr-19 21
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Aspect Of Your Relationship ❤️
Joey, On March 25, 2019 at 08:05

What is the magic that makes your relationship work? What about your relationship gives you butterflies? What is special about this relationship that makes you sure it's The One? What is your...

Kassandra, sunday 7-Apr-19 30
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Aspect Of Your Wedding Day

What part of your wedding are you and your other half most looking forward to? Are you counting down to the first look? Seeing all your friends and family together? Dancing the night away? The...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 35
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Physical Attribute 😉

Oh go on, no need to be shy. What's your fav feature of your partner? What do you think they'd choose about you? What asset of your gorgeous partner drives you wild? Photo by Tris White Photography...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 36
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Way To Spend A Weekend

How do you and your honey like to spend your weekends? Are you outdoorsey and adventurous? Do you like to cross things off your to-do list? Is the best kind of weekend a totally free and boring...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 29
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Vacation Spot

What has been your favourite vacation destination? What do you love about it? Will you be revisiting it for your honeymoon? Where do you and your boo like to go for vacation? Photo by Reverie Studios...

Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Things to Cook

What's your favourite meal to make with your SO? Do you do a lot of cooking together? What do you make together? Or does one of you have all the culinary skills to regularly dazzle the other? What...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 30
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Music

Are you both a little bit country? How about a little bit rock and roll? Is there a band or song that is important in your relationship? Will you be incorporating it into your wedding? What music do...

Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Games

What games do you and your very favourite Player 2 most like to play together? Are you board gamers, card players, or video gamers? What's your game of choice when you play together? Photo by...

Miranda, tuesday 19-Oct-21 34
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - TV Show To Binge-Watch Together

When you and your SO snuggle up on the couch together for a tv marathon, what's your go-to show? What do you like to watch together? Photo by Emily Schutz Photography in Edmonton >>Next...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 37
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Date Night

How do you and your partner like to spend date nights? Do you go heavy on the romance? A wild night on the town? Are you happier at home in sweat pants eating take out? Maybe a little Netflix and...

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics