Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Vacation Spot

Joey, on March 25, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 36

What has been your favourite vacation destination? What do you love about it? Will you be revisiting it for your honeymoon?

Where do you and your boo like to go for vacation?

A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Vacation Spot 1

Photo by Reverie Studios in Markham

>>Next favourite thing: Way To Spend A Weekend

>>Start at the beginning of the quiz - A Few Of Our Favourite Things

36 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 29, 2021 at 14:42
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancée and I don't take much vacation, over the summer we camp with family. But with him running a business , there isn't a lot of free time. We have gone to Niagara Falls and had a lovely time. Definitely will be stepping it up a bit for the Honeymoon!

• Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Camping 😊

We did visit the Canmore/Banff area just for the day too last year and really enjoyed it😊
    I had been to Banff briefly while still in school but this time got to actually enjoy it, take pictures etc
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Niagara Falls I would say Is one of the places we’ve been to the most
  • Terresa
    Curious October 2019 British Columbia
    Terresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We love Oahu. I've been lucky enough to join him there twice while he's been deployed. He'd been several dozen times and thought it was boring, until he got to see so much more of the island with me. So many places he'd never been!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have severe wanderlust so we love going anywhere and planning it all

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anything hot and all-inclusive lol.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For vacations we went on together we both loved Italy and Vegas, we would go back to both for sure.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Up until last year we have just done a bunch of camping and airbnbs together which were great! Last year we flew to Disney since he had never been and my sister was working there for a year so we got nice discounts and it was fabulous! We probably won't be going back soon but it was a great vacation. Im really looking forward too our honeymoon!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t been on a big vacation together. Only really driven down to Tacoma. But I’m excited for our trip to England for the honeymoon.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually haven’t travelled too much together, but we love anywhere warm.
    Our favourite vacation was in BC, which is why we chose to get married there.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Last year was for both of us by far the most fun vacation we've ever been on when we went to Disney World.
    We won't be going there for our honeymoon though or any time soon in general, it was just a great experience and our first real vacation since we moved to Canada. We do go weekends away here and there but for the last four years before that our real longer time going away on trips was all back home to the Netherlands which didn't really feel as a vacation cause we just went to meet up with all our family and friends and such. We do plan to travel loads though and we'll go to Hawaii for our honeymoon in September to
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went on our first big trip together last year for my 25th birthday. We went to Punta Cana and had the most amazing time at the resort we chose. The day trips/excursions and activities we did on the resort were a ton of fun! We loved every second. We plan to visit the same resort again In the near future!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nicaragua.

It was our first "big" trip together, that didn't involve a planned shuttle or all-inclusive resort. It was a full year in the making and were super excited to meet up with our friends at the villa we rented. We stayed there for a week and it was amazing. The sunset was gorgeous, the food amazing and just overall perfect trip.

Due to civil unrest, we decided to skip on Nicaragua, which was definitely on the top of our list.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our favourite is Memories Flamenco in Cayo Coco. We got engaged here at our first visit with his sister and BIL. We just went again in November with his whole family. He loves to fish and I love to tan/relax. It will always be a good vacation spot to just get away and hang out.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely Disneyland! we’ll be there again in just over 5 weeks! CANT WAIT
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Weve only been to Vegas and nova Scotia together... hes not really into travelling 😭😭 We'll prob go to Savannah for our honeymoon though.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anywhere warm and all inclusive~

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to New Orleans together and we LOVED it. We got engaged there too.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far we have only traveled to Las Vegas and Thailand together, but we both LOVE Europe as a travel destination. I used to live in the UK and hes been to Europe a few times so we already know that will be our go to. Germany, Switzerland and the Mediterranean is where we will be honeymooning. I LOVE going to the Disney Parks, and FH has not been to Disney World so I hope to visit there in the near future and get him hooked as well Smiley winking.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't travelled to much together, just Disney World twice and once to San Antonio. I loved Disney World

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have never officially been on a vacation together..

We travel to edmonton/calgary often for the weekend but I wouldn't really count that

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cuba.. we go every year to the same place.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can’t say I have a favourite. We’re not huge travelers but will be going somewhere tropical for our one year anniversary!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No specific spot but we love to go camping together.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We go on vacation all the time! I have the luxury of only working 3 days a week, so I get 4 days off every weekend. My FH has 5 weeks of vacation per year (so lucky).

All of the vacations we go on are amazing. I'd have to say Iceland is my favourite. It was our first vacation and the second time we went, he proposed. We moved to BC and went on a 2 week road trip across the American Southwest. We go to Banff several times a year. We just recently got back from a Vegas/Cali vacay. We are both photographers in our spare time so that brings us a lot of places. Most of our vacations consist of sleeping in vans/tents (freezing) and hiking. I've never really been on a "lie on the beach all day" type of vacation.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! I've been to Iceland twice-it is amazing. I've always wanted to go to Scotland as well. That will be a great honeymoon Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Paris was the worst part of my Europe trip! Totally agree once you see the main stops Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre (which is a disaster in itself) you’re good on Paris 😂😂😂
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We love cruising! Our honeymoon will be our second cruise and we can't wait! We go in the Caribbean leaving out of Florida so we get to see many different islands.

We have a cross-Canada travel bucket list that we're hoping to start next summer, as well as some US spots. I also want to go to Europe one day too lol

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't really been on vacation together....we went to Vegas for my 30th which was SO much fun (but exhausting) and all of the other times we have gone away it has been to Calgary to visit his family. Our honeymoon will be our first true vacation together and we are really looking forward to it! We are heading to Scotland and Iceland

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We always go back to Cuba every year, same place and same resort! We love it because the resort workers have become our friends and it feels like a second home to us. Everyone is so friendly, service is great and the beach is gorgeous. We feel extremely relaxed whenever we are there and always have an amazing time. Instead of doing our usual 1 week vacation, we have extended it to 2 weeks for our honeymoon this year. We can’t wait!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't done a lot of travelling together with just the two of us - only to Banff, where he proposed so obviously it's the winner so far! Right now we're considering travelling in Europe for a honeymoon since we're more the adventure type.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been to New York a few times, plus Mexico and Jamaica. Mexico was definitely my favourite - we didn't go with any other friends, so it was just the two of us. We spent a week swimming and chilling on the beach. My favourite part was leaving the resort to go shipping in Playa del Carmen. We had only been together for a few months back then, and I gave my FH such a surprise when I started speaking to the shopkeepers in Spanish (I'm fluent, but never told him for some reason). I will never forget his expression Smiley xd I definitely want to go back to the same resort for our minimoon, right after our wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics