Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

True or False - I'm doing well sticking to my budget

Joey, on April 22, 2019 at 08:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34

Did you have a firm budget set before you embarked on planning? Have you tracked it meticulously? Tried to estimate how close you were to it? Crossed your fingers that you were on track? Or have you said 'to hell with it' and blown it? So far, are you coming in under, over, or on track?
I'm doing well sticking to my budget: true or false?

True or False - I'm doing well sticking to my budget 1

Photo via @weddingwirecanada

>>Click here to go to the next question, I've had to abandon an idea because it was going over time or budget

>>Click here to start at the beginning of our True or False game

34 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 11, 2019 at 15:18
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False - it would have been better if I had a more firm budget when i booked the venue but I didn't so as of right now my budget is to not go over a certain amount lol

• Jasmin
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far...false Smiley sad we are looking at 5k over our 30k budget for a wedding of about 110 people. We kinda picked the budget based on how much our friends spent, but since they all had their receptions at a banquet hall and we opted for a museum, we used most of the budget on the venue and catering alone! The venue was the one thing the FH really wanted so we are trying to save on other things to splurge on the venue/catering/rentals/photos. Going to a lot of bridal dress sales hoping to find something super affordable, otherwise I’ve got my eyes on this $275 dress from TaoBao!
  • Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False we went over budget on quite a few things

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH initial estimate - False/My initial estimate - True.

He picked a number without doing any research or calculating for the large family that was coming. We are doing well on staying on track. Yay for starting early and grabbing lots of good deals!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mostly true! My dress was little more than I had budgeted for, our videographer we have upgraded and gone over budget but everything else is going well Smiley smile

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True!!! I wanted to stick as close to 10,000 as possible. We so far are at 11,000 all in with 10 days to go so we did very well to stick to it
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True - I have actually been much more strict than my FH, and have tracked our spending meticulously in my massive Budget spreadsheet. We are slightly over but still very close to the limit we set for ourselves.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, even though there are still so many things to complete, I know what my hard budget is so like when I go dress shopping if the dress I love is more than what I am willing to spend then I will continue to shop! Staying with in budget is possible if you are realistic and firm with yourself.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, in fact the first budget we made was a lot so we cut out things that weren’t important to us and now we have a budget that we’re comfortable with and we’ve been able to stay on budget with everything

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True for the most part. We've managed to save and splurge appropriately, so it's all working itself out.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. But, there were definitely things we didn't think of when we decided on our budget...

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. We had a ballpark initially (before engagement even) but picked that without any real knowledge and then by the time the venue and photographer were booked, we hit that budget already so we have adjusted it. I feel like we are still being reasonable and picking and choosing where we can save.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False - We didn't really have a hard budget; instead we had sort of a ballpark area +/-5K. We still went over budget because some things were more expensive than we thought. Plus, our photographer/videographer stayed past the contracted time as our reception went over hours and we wanted to include the speeches. However, we saved quite a bit on our florals since i did them all myself. So that went to other areas of our wedding budget.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with you on this one! We kept it a little flexible in the beginning before knowing costs. Once we started getting prices we just kept an eye on where our limit would be
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. We didn't really have a firm budget going in since we were so clueless about costs. But since we've had a better idea, we're doing a decent job of sticking to it.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True.. I havent checked lately but I think were pretty close to our budget.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True? We had talked about how much we wanted to spend, but hadn’t actually taken into account how much everything cost! We raised it by $3000 when we did and we’re able to stick to the second amount
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Umm...false. I now have two dresses (trying to sell one), might have to change officiants and lose the first deposit, my MOH had a financial change so I may have to help with her dress...the list goes on.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little false, I've gone over, but not too over lol

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! we’re under budget at this point!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have actually. Since large chunks have been covered by family we have been able to keep within our budget. I believe we will be either right on or just a bit under at the very end.
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t set an initial budget but some things are definitely way more then I had expected them to be.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True...but after we upped our initial budget. We are a bit over the revised budget but not by much I don't think.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False, although I don’t have a budget, I definitely spent WAY more then I thought we would have
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True.
    So far so good. We were able to find deals here and there that have helped a lot.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. I had something in my head that was clearly very unrealistic.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't really have a clear budget yet. After our social in June, we will have a better idea.
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True.

I'm too cheap to not.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. Budget is the best way to keep what is cost low. I have always heard that buying is the way to go about most décor. However, I did compare the prices to renting and found it cheaper and return after the event. Another plus on renting was the fact of not storing at home for reselling purposes. Sales always does help to see what is coming or being aware that the price is lowered based on quantity purchased. d

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True- I have stuck to my budget- I had to downsize at one point as few financial factors came up. So far we are under what we had budgeted.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t really have a budget to begin with - my brain is like things cost what they cost.

I have gone over a few times what I think things cost, like cake it was about $200 more than I thought it would be.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, costs are around what we had anticipated so far. We were even under budget for flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics