Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Way To Spend A Weekend

Joey, on March 25, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 29

How do you and your honey like to spend your weekends? Are you outdoorsey and adventurous? Do you like to cross things off your to-do list? Is the best kind of weekend a totally free and boring weekend?

Describe your perfect weekend with your partner.

A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Way To Spend A Weekend 1

Photo by ABarrett Photography in Golden

>>Next favourite thing: Physical Attribute 😉

>>Start at the beginning of the quiz - A Few Of Our Favourite Things

29 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 29, 2021 at 14:38
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The perfect weekend for my fiancée and I would include, finishing up jobs together. My Fiancée has owned his own company for 7 years now, and we love working together because finished jobs are what pays the bills and allows us to play. Plus, we are an amazing team!

• Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In the winter we usually stay in and watch movies/play videogames. In the warmer months we play Pokemon Go, along with roadtrips, walks. We take the cats with us sometimes too. I've taken him to quite a few places hes never been to before lol
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Relaxing at home or travelling to a powwow or round dance
  • Terresa
    Curious October 2019 British Columbia
    Terresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are avid rv'ers and go nearly every weekend! We can even make it work around the kids' schedules (blended family)!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We like boring weekends, but usually so we have the space to relax or enjoy spontaneous goings-on

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering we don't get many full weekends together (I usually work on Saturdays), when we do get to do something it's usually errands and/or dinner out and a movie.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our weekends really vary, sometimes we go on hikes with the dogs or just relax around the house. We will also often make a nice meal and usually try to squeeze in a bit of house work.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I work saturday mornings teaching riding lessons and he sometimes works saturdays as well. But we love lazy sundays with brunch and old cartoons and then road tripping for the rest of the day!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both work weekends so...
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We like to go our favourite park by the water, get coffee/tea and just relax.
    The best weekend is one where we don’t have to clean house, or prep for the work week ahead...and the best weekend is a long weekend to give us time to veg out together.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We like to spend a day in Canmore, skating or just walking around town. We also enjoy a good brewery crawl haha.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on the work week!

Most of the time its just hanging out, cleaning, and grocery shopping.

Now that the weather is getting nicer it will be fishing, hiking, and doing projects around the house.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lazy, in pyjamas. best weekend ever.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We usually try to visit with friends and spend some time on reno's if its crappy out or outdoors if it's nice. We do a lot of camping and atv'ing in the summer/fall.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We enjoy going to conventions together where just us or with some friends! I love getting out and staying somewhere for a night or 2! Whether just us or shared with friends it's always amazing!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like visiting with friends, he likes relaxing at home. We usually do a bit of both.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our favorite weekends are the ones where we have no social plans, and we can just hang out and be cozy at home with tasty food and our hobbies. We only get to have these once a quarter probably so they are valued.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After going to the gym in the morning we like to stay at home and lounge a lot of the time after a busy work week. In the summer we will got to FH's family cottage some weekends.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are shift workers so we don't always have weekends off and when we do they aren't always together, so we usually keep things low key on the weekends.. stay in and relax

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband rarely has weekends off. So when he does, it’s nice to just laze around! However, it’s also the only time we have to get stuff done
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With his schedule he doesn't have every weekend off, sometimes he'll only have one day of the weekend off and we typically just hang out, unless it's summer them we go out and enjoy the weather.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're usually pretty lazy over the weekend, especially if he has to work so he doesn't usually want to do anything.

When we're both free, sometimes we go for a drive, a night out, or a hike in the summertime. My FH got me a entry-level DLSR camera for Christmas so I'm stoked to go out in the summer and use it! We're usually more lazy in the winter than summer for sure lol

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH has been working most weekends for the past few months...hes working two jobs at the moment as hes trying to become a professor in his field of work.

Usually we don't do much in the winter on weekend anyway- take the dog for a long walk, and then have a lazy rest of the day. At the moment we are working our way through all of The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings movies

In the summer we are always busy. Luckily he wont be working as much this Summer. We go hiking, camping, baseball games, concerts, Toronto Island, etc. We are definitely MUCH more active when the weather gets warmer.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Before moving, we spent much more time adventuring - particularly going rock climbing since the Niagara Escarpment was a hop, skip and a jump away. Now that we're locked into long work hours outside in the summer, our weekends tend to consist more of just going to the park with our dog and recovering for the next week. It's tough but necessary for now.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Winter we spend cooking and relaxing. Summer we spend at the lake, target and skeet shooting and also shooting our bows, we usually have people over on weekends during the summer as well for food, drinks and a fire. I can’t wait for summer lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Idealy we like to hang out with friends and our favourite thing is in the summer to have a fire in the backyard with our dog and our friends dogs at our house playing! Can't wait for summer!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We like the art of doing nothing. The weekdays are so busy we are usually pretty tired on weekends.

Right now though our weekends are usually planning the wedding 😑 trying to wrap the planning up this year!!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That depends on the season for us. My FH hates the cold - born in Lebanon, raised in LA, as soon as it hits 5 degrees he becomes a hermit - so winter weekends we spend inside, watching movies and relaxing. In the summer though our weekends are packed with activities - we do a lot of stuff in the city, museums and galleries and other attractions, and also do a lot of hiking

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We normally in winters are hobbits and stay indoors, watch tv a lot. Summer- we go skit shooting, have a fire in the backyard or somewhere else, we tend to work more weekends too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics