Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Things to Cook

Joey, on March 25, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Living together 0 30

What's your favourite meal to make with your SO? Do you do a lot of cooking together? What do you make together? Or does one of you have all the culinary skills to regularly dazzle the other?

What things do you and your sous chef make together?

A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Things to Cook 1

Photo by Jesseka Melanie Photography in Markham

>>Next favourite thing: Vacation Spot

>>Start at the beginning of the quiz - A Few Of Our Favourite Things

30 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 29, 2021 at 14:49
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do the cooking, if I let my Fiancée do the cooking we would live off of Kraft Dinner 🙈

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely do more of the kitchen and have more culinary skills. He's a good cook, but I think i was just exposed to more variety and practice of anything in the kitchen.

He makes an amazing breakfast though Smiley heart

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t really cook together because we like different things lol
  • Terresa
    Curious October 2019 British Columbia
    Terresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He'll barbecue anything I prepare.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're both good bakers, but I can't cook and she can't BBQ, so we trade off for meals depending on what we feel like

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We do lots of barbecues, vegetables, and anything in our air fryer lol.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We usually alternate cooking but we both love to cook. We will usually do most of our talking cooking with a glass of wine.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hes a great cook and loves to do it whereas I rarely enjoy it and do it more because I have too or I'll starve lol.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly he’s a better cook but neither of us tend to go all out. I make some hella good enchiladas and those are awesome
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He’s great at breakfast and steak, and salmon.
    I’m best at Carribean dishes, and pastas.
    Some of our best meals have been planning dishes to cook for guests, or to ring in a birthday or the new year.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He's the grill master, I'm the 'chef de cuisine' lol, so our meals are usually a joint effort. I enjoy making seafood pasta for him, but if we are cooking together, I enjoy our steak & frites spread.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the better cook between the two of us, and he loves it. Our favourite meal is breaded chicken. It was my favourite thing my dad cooked growing up, and now I cook it all the time. We have it about once a week!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Steak or pasta! i’m the better cook of the two of us, but we just love spending the time together cooking
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used to always cook together but he works long days now so I do all of the weeknight dinners. He does breakfast though on weekends and usually at least 1 dinner... he tends to enjoy using the smoker when it's his night to cook.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't often cook together- he tends to do most of it. We had Hello Fresh for a bit which was fun to do together.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All the things! We are both major foodies, so cooking and eating well is the top on our priority list. We cook together 95% of the time, and we love to cook all the things!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got a crockpot for Christmas a couple years ago and we both love making soup in it. We both really like chopping all the ingredients and then you plug it in, turn it on, and hours later dinner is done and we feel so healthy eating our veggies lol

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He usually cooks but last night we decided to make our own homemade lasagna and that was soo yummy! very fun to cook together. whenever I bake I do it alone because i'm picky with how things are done but with cooking meals he usually does it adn I help sometimes

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pizza!!! I do most of the cooking but sometimes we do it together

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Taco salad! It’s been a fave for awhile. Our latest is stew. We got a pressure cooker for our wedding and love it!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We rarely cook together these days but when we would we would make a big batch of nachos or pizza together.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not much of a cook and neither is he, but we usually cook together to make it more fun! Our favourite recipes are: pizza, honey garlic wings, stirfry, breakfast foods and cheesecake!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love cooking and my FH is getting into it...we don't cook together often (because I get frustrated easily in the kitchen haha) occasionally I will have him help me chop things if its a complicated recipe. He made an amazing beef stew in the insta pot last week, this past weekend I made a slow-roasted leg of lamb.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neither of us really enjoy cooking. He's also absolutely terrible at it and needs babysitting for anything he tries to help with. It's easier and less irritating for me to just whip something up for both of us lol.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I usually do the cooking, but he's great with helping chop the vegetables (and keeping an eye on things).

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We cook together all the time! He loves it way more then I do haha.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just going to be honest - I hate cooking.

I think a favourite food for us would be wings or some type of pasta.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We cook a lot, but my go-to is hunter's stew, a Ukrainian stew that's super easy to make and really tasty. I get my FH to do all the chopping Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not much cooking together, we mostly have our own dishes that we are really good at.

I would say that my favourite meal to make for us would have to be stuffed peppers, and my favourite meal he makes would have to be soup made from scratch!

Of course I make a pretty good breakfast too - for our anniversary I made him pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and hash browns!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't really ever cook together! He isn't a fan of cooking. If I had to choose a meal that is my favorite that he cooks it would be this tomato pasta soup. One we kinda cook together would be pulled pork nacho's- he does the pulled pork and I put it all together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics