Skip to main content
Jackie
Jackie

Banff, Alberta · From January 2023

Happily married to my best friend in September 2023. Love talking about DIY and other ways modern brides can save a few bucks!

Happily married 🎉

September 22, 2023

187days 13hrs
Jessica
Post wedding Thank You card etiquette?
Jessica, On November 12, 2023 at 15:54

Hello everyone! We just got married in mid September and now that we finally have time we are working on our Thank you cards, but are a little confused about the etiquette. We wrote thank you cards...

Jackie, monday 13-Nov-23 4
Jackie
Honeymoon bliss
Jackie, On October 26, 2023 at 13:00

Just returned from a much needed trip to Puerto Vallarta for our Honeymoon! We had a perfect vacation and got all relaxed after the wedding craziness. Now to normal everyday married life!

Lynnie, monday 30-Oct-23 4 38
Kayla
Looking for tips and recommendations for small wedding
Kayla, On October 13, 2023 at 12:26

Hello all, I am newly engaged and new to all this, I do not know the first thing about planning a wedding and could really use some tips from others with experience Basically, my fiancé (love saying...

Jackie, thursday 26-Oct-23 2
Amanda
Flowers, Flowers Flowers!!
Amanda, On October 12, 2023 at 12:56

Hello WeddingWire Family! Have you chosen your flowers??!! Anemone, dahlia, gerbera, peonies, roses... What flowers are you using for your big day?! Bonus if you show us!! For the Bouquets we went...

Amanda, wednesday 8-Nov-23 5
Jodie
2024 Wedding in Kamloops
Jodie, On October 18, 2023 at 14:03

Good morning ! I just got engaged and I am now starting to think about planning the wedding. I’m originally from France so I don’t know much about wedding planning in Canada. We’re thinking of a fall...

Jackie, thursday 26-Oct-23 2
Mary
Wedding Photos - Sneak Peaks / Highlight Photo Timelines
Mary, On October 18, 2023 at 15:53

I recently got married on September 30th - and had a "no phone" rule during the ceremony, and then during the reception nobody took any photos as the photographers were taking a bunch of everyone...

Jackie, thursday 26-Oct-23 5
Emily
Choosing Lab-grown Ring for wedding!
Emily, On October 20, 2023 at 05:00

Hi there! I'm getting married and though very excited about everything from jewelry, and dresses to decorations! But I also want everything to be ethical and sustainable. Before some time I got to...

Danelle, tuesday 31-Oct-23 3
Z
When is the best time to dispatch my invitations?
Zain, On October 20, 2023 at 09:34

We're grappling with the timing for sending our wedding invitations since we've opted not to send save the dates, given that our guest list primarily consists of close friends and family. In light of...

Jessica, sunday 12-Nov-23 3
Jackie
Choosing your flower colours
Jackie, On October 11, 2023 at 10:53

The process of picking flowers and their theme colours looks different for every couple. Our colours ended up choosing themselves; my husband and his late sister were very close, so he and his...

Fedinand, wednesday 18-Oct-23 5
Kate
Let's talk flowers/greenery cost
Kate, On October 10, 2023 at 10:56

Hello community! When it came to flowers and/or greenery décor related items, how much did you budget for this vs. how much did you end up spending? were the prices surprising to you or did you...

Kate, wednesday 11-Oct-23 6
Jackie
Mr and Mrs!
Jackie, On September 23, 2023 at 17:26

We finally had our wedding! Such a picture perfect day in Banff. Everything was perfect and we couldn’t be happier 🥰

Jackie, friday 6-Oct-23 14
Dessa
And just like that...married!!
Dessa, On October 4, 2023 at 18:43

21 years in the making and it didn't disappoint!! It was magical... full of love, sentiment, family & friends. We couldn't be happier!!

Dessa, sunday 8-Oct-23 14
Amanda
What shade is your wedding dress?!
Amanda, On October 4, 2023 at 11:35

For all of the soon to brides, let's talk about your wedding dress color! Even if you have already gotten married, share what your wedding dress color was! Did you go for Bright white, off white,...

Kate, thursday 5-Oct-23 5
Kate
Last name change or no?
Kate, On October 4, 2023 at 10:44

Hello community, Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts on taking your partners last name when officially married. Are you keeping your last name? or changing to theirs? are you marrying the two...

Mariela, tuesday 23-Jan-24 15
Nicole
Extra food and seating for vendors…?
Nicole, On October 4, 2023 at 08:24

Hi all! I’m very new to this whole planning a wedding process and it’s become a lot more than i was expecting! the costs are insane and I’m trying to save where I can. (Planning for Sept. 2025) I’ve...

Matilda, monday 9-Oct-23 8
Mila
October and November couples!
Mila, On September 29, 2023 at 07:16

How are you feeling? Where are you with wedding planning? Those already married, what was your experience like this close to the day? Ours is October 21, and I’m still waiting for the planning frenzy....

Amanda, wednesday 4-Oct-23 9
Rebecca
Officiant
Rebecca, On October 2, 2023 at 12:31

Hello ladies I haven’t posted much with all sorts of changes in life and just being busy with life but I’m wondering what did yih all pay for an officiant ? Mine is a family friend and she will not...

Meghan, saturday 4-Nov-23 10
Mackenzie
Centerpiece Design
Mackenzie, On October 2, 2023 at 11:59

Hey friends! I'm a very visual person (with no artistic ability) so designing centerpieces has been tough. I'm wondering if anyone has stumbled across any online centerpiece design software they...

Brittany, tuesday 3-Oct-23 1
M
dj playing a curated playlist?
Melissa, On September 29, 2023 at 21:45

Hi everyone! 😊 I’m so curious if anyone has ever hired a DJ and they were able to create something out of songs that you gave them? Music is so special to my fiancé and I. We would love nothing more...

Melissa, monday 2-Oct-23 9
STEPHANIE
Tip etiquette???
STEPHANIE, On September 29, 2023 at 17:20

Hi all, just wondering which of your vendors you tipped eg. Photographer or dj or all? And what percentage of their fee did you tip or what dolllar amount is appropriate? Thanks

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 7
C
Were you torn between two venues? Offer some advice for someone who is!
Camilla, On September 29, 2023 at 08:55

Hey! I am completely torn between two venues... And although I have made a pros/cons list, I still can't decide. Bit of a backstory: When I originally got engaged, my immediate thought was to have it...

Tunisha, wednesday 4-Oct-23 4
Jackie
Tell me the story behind your engagement ring!
Jackie, On September 27, 2023 at 13:34

There are all kinds of engagement rings out there; new shiny diamonds, old family heirlooms, stones with different meanings, or designs with certain sentiments in mind. I knew I wanted rose gold and a...

Tunisha, wednesday 4-Oct-23 6 60
Amanda
Let's Talk Wedding Bands!
Amanda, On September 27, 2023 at 12:22

How has your experience shopping for wedding bands been?! Have you visited many stores together? Or did you do your shopping online? Was it difficult to find the right rings? Are you wearing a set...

Amanda, tuesday 14-Nov-23 6
Julie
Bridesmaid Dresses - Let's see them!
Julie, On September 26, 2023 at 12:30

Let's dig into fashion - Bridesmaid Dress. I only had my daughter as MOH and I thought it would be fun & exciting to find a dress for her. Boy was I wrong! I really didn't have a style/colour that...

Heather, friday 29-Sep-23 16 2
Donna-Jean
Honeymoon Destination ✈️🏖️🏜️
Donna-Jean, On September 26, 2023 at 13:35

Hi everyone! I’m curious to know what everyone is planning to do for their honeymoon?

Kelli, friday 9-Feb-24 15
Amanda
All about catering - Name your serving style!
Amanda, On September 18, 2023 at 18:59

Hello Everyone! Lets talk about food, glorious food! What serving style have you chosen for your wedding dinner? Plated? Buffet? Family style? Cocktail style? Name Your Serving Style!

Jackie, tuesday 26-Sep-23 12
Kate
What is your ring cut?
Kate, On September 25, 2023 at 15:43

For this weeks Wedding Fashion topic, let's talk rings, more specially the cut of your beautiful ring! The round diamond seems to be the most popular cut for a ring with the Marquis and Asscher cut...

Willow, tuesday 2-Jan-24 15
Kate
Let's talk hair!
Kate, On September 21, 2023 at 08:52

Ladies, How did you decide on your wedding day hairstyle? Is it a style you do often so you were confident it would look great? Do you usually wear it up and you then decided to wear it down to try...

Julie, tuesday 26-Sep-23 9
D
Proposal Boxes
Dawsyn, On September 17, 2023 at 13:38

What did you all put in your bridesmaids proposal boxes? Did you match the color scheme to your wedding?

Matilda, monday 9-Oct-23 6
Angela
Photographer questions
Angela, On September 14, 2023 at 11:58

How does one go about finding the right photographer for your wedding? We got engagement photos done and we were so let down. We didn’t get any guidance on how to position ourselves, they didn’t let...

Jackie, friday 15-Sep-23 4

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics