Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodie
Newbie September 2024 British Columbia

2024 Wedding in Kamloops

Jodie, on October 18, 2023 at 14:03 Posted in British Columbia 0 2
Good morning !

I just got engaged and I am now starting to think about planning the wedding. I’m originally from France so I don’t know much about wedding planning in Canada. We’re thinking of a fall wedding in 2024 in Kamloops. If anybody has any advices, recommendations, anything really I’ll be grateful Smiley smile we want a very simple wedding maybe 50ish guests, nature earthy decor and will have to do a lot on our win to keep the cost down. Thanks ! Excited for everybody’s big day 😍💍

2 Comments

Latest activity by Jackie, on October 26, 2023 at 11:55
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Jodie! A Kamloops wedding will be beautiful.

A few cost-saving tips that worked great for me: consignment/second hand wedding dress, if you can get one where the length doesn't need to be altered that helps drop alteration costs a lot. As Kate said, I ordered a "birthday cake" and saved about $100. We used all silk/fake flowers and saved a TON. Rented decos and altar from a local girl on FB, much cheaper than the companies I found online.

Have fun planning, this community is great if you ever need any guidance!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Jodie! How exciting and what a beautiful time of year you've chosen to get married Smiley smile

One big thing I learnt was not to look around after I bought my wedding dress. I bought about a year before and kept looking and ended up changing it lol. I think it's good to buy early because it gives you time to make any alterations if needed but just make sure you love it and stop looking or else it can be such a rollercoaster of emotions haha.

Also another bride on here mentioned she told the bakery it was a birthday cake instead of a wedding cake and it honestly looked so beautiful and very much wedding like but was significantly less than the "wedding" mark up price so I thought that was very clever (if you are choosing to do a cake). Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics