Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Devoted September 2023 Alberta

Your proposal story

Jackie, on September 13, 2023 at 11:06 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19

My fiancé took me to Maligne canyon in Jasper, where we had our first getaway together, and asked me kneeling on the ice on a -30 day Smiley heart

Tell me about your proposal story! Was it in a certain place for a certain reason? Did your person have a speech prepared? Did you know it was coming or was it a complete surprise?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on September 20, 2023 at 11:07
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwwwwwwwww that's sweet!Smiley heart

• H
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance was very sneaky as he was planning the proposal. He had the ring sent to our place under the guise of "work equipment" about a month before he proposed and I signed for it, not even reading where it came from. A couple days before he proposed, we went to a wedding and they had a photobooth there with signs. We had a picture taken of us and he's holding a sign that says "Soon to be Mrs.___". When asked why he grabbed that sign, he said that he was drunk and didn't know what he grabbed. A couple days later, we went to Niagara on the Lake (NOTL) and that was where he proposed. We stopped at the mall to get new change of clothes and I changed in the car. When we got to NOTL and he held my hand while walking towards the lake, I knew something was off as he isn't the one to hold my hand in public. When we got up to this gazebo that overlooks the lake, he got down on one knee and repeated some lines from a favourite TV show and I continued with the other lines in the scene. He then to actually ask me and I said yes.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got a little teary eyed myself Smiley love

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was soo confident he wouldn't be able to surprise me but he was determined to surprise me!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a sweet story, made me tear up a little Smiley cry

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that he was able to surprise you even though you knew it was coming!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always thought we would never get married as we had both been married and it left a sour taste in our mouth. When people called us husband/wife we would laugh and just say no not married. So it came as a HUGE surprise when he proposed. We were heading out for my birthday dinner with friends that day and he said to me that he picked out something for me to wear. So I sat on the bed waiting for my new clothing item or shoes, and he came over and got down on one knee and just said "I don't want us to have a sour taste in our mouth about marriage, will you marry me?" Smiley cry Mind Blown! Later I found out that he had been planning this for months with my daughter and was so nervous that he just proposed right then instead of proposing at the restaurant in front of everyone and strangers. Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew my husband had an engagement ring. So I knew a proposal was coming but he definitely caught me off guard when he proposed at work! We met at work so it had a special meaning and his mom & step dad snuck into our work so they were there for the proposal!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So sweet, putting that kind of thought and planning into it definitely makes it so special and something she will always remember
  • R
    Newbie February 2024 New York
    Ronald ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had been planning the proposal for weeks. I wanted it to be something special that she would never forget. Finally, I found the perfect place - a beautiful garden by the lake. I also ordered a wedding ring that my sweetheart will wear for the rest of her life.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Every story is so incredible!

He took me and our dog on what I thought was a spontaneous road trip to one of our favourite beaches. He proposed at sunset, and was too nervous to speak more than a couple words. I heard his prepared speech later and variations of it before.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a cool photo omg!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely beautiful!

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your proposal story 1
    It really is, such a memorable day ❤️
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like it was the perfect way given your love story Smiley smile

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so sweet Smiley love

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful location! Hope to make it out there one day Smiley smile

My husband and I were casually talking about it and going back and forth as he had been married before and it wasn't for the best reasons and wasn't the best experience so he was hesitant and with each passing year I was "getting over" the idea of marriage until finally just one evening in our living room we decided to go forward and do it, very low key. Does not make for the best story but sweet in it's own way lol Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

BTW maligne canyon in the winter is absolutely beautiful Smiley love

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband purposed to me on Christmas morning 2017 in front of our Christmas tree Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics