Skip to main content
Jackie
Jackie

Banff, Alberta · From January 2023

Happily married to my best friend in September 2023. Love talking about DIY and other ways modern brides can save a few bucks!

Happily married 🎉

September 22, 2023

188days 12hrs

Discussions

Jackie
Choosing your flower colours
Jackie of Wedding ceremony, On October 11, 2023 at 10:53

The process of picking flowers and their theme colours looks different for every couple. Our colours ended up choosing themselves; my husband and his late sister were very close, so he and his...

Fedinand, wednesday 18-Oct-23 5 138
Jackie
Wedding favours for guests?
Jackie of Plan a wedding, On April 28, 2023 at 11:32

Curious to know who is going to be giving their guests little keepsakes? We want to find a fairly inexpensive trinket to gift to our ~100 guests that won't break the bank. Wanted to know if you brides...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 21 179
Jackie
Hair trial, to do or not to do?
Jackie of Beauty, On May 11, 2023 at 17:23

I booked a makeup trial for before my wedding date but I am waffling on a hair trial. I (think) I want the classic chignon and from her portfolio my hair stylist is a master at them. I have classic...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 11 126
Jackie
Mr and Mrs!
Jackie of Just married, On September 23, 2023 at 17:26

We finally had our wedding! Such a picture perfect day in Banff. Everything was perfect and we couldn’t be happier 🥰

Jackie, friday 6-Oct-23 14 129
Jackie
Tell me the story behind your engagement ring!
Jackie of Wedding fashion, On September 27, 2023 at 13:34

There are all kinds of engagement rings out there; new shiny diamonds, old family heirlooms, stones with different meanings, or designs with certain sentiments in mind. I knew I wanted rose gold and a...

Tunisha, wednesday 4-Oct-23 6 60
Jackie
How do you plan to relax the week before your wedding?
Jackie of Before the wedding, On August 30, 2023 at 10:40

Are you a spa person? Yoga and meditate? Go hiking or camping? The week leading up to your wedding will surely be filled with little things to do and a whole lot of excitement and nerves! What do you...

Matilda, thursday 28-Sep-23 14 113
Jackie
What song did you choose for the parent dance?
Jackie of Wedding reception, On August 14, 2023 at 23:54

One thing I am really excited about for my wedding is the dance with my dad at the reception. We have always been close, and since I am his only daughter of 4 kids, I know how excited he is to walk me...

Matilda, tuesday 26-Sep-23 5 64
Jackie
Your proposal story
Jackie of Before the wedding, On September 13, 2023 at 11:06

My fiancé took me to Maligne canyon in Jasper, where we had our first getaway together, and asked me kneeling on the ice on a -30 day Tell me about your proposal story! Was it in a certain place for a...

Julie, wednesday 20-Sep-23 19 131
Jackie
Outdoor fall weddings, tell me your contingency plan!
Jackie of Alberta, On August 22, 2023 at 00:30

Hello September and October brides of 2023! Your big day is anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months away (yay!) and we all know the weather in our beautiful province can be a tad bit...

Jackie, tuesday 22-Aug-23 27
Jackie
The modern guestbook
Jackie of Wedding reception, On July 31, 2023 at 16:10

Guestbooks are one of those beautiful mementos we get to keep and re-visit for years after our wedding day. Couples have been moving away from the traditional guestbook in favour of things like shadow...

Jackie, thursday 10-Aug-23 16 200
Jackie
What is customary for vendor tips?
Jackie of Before the wedding, On July 13, 2023 at 11:54

For really good service in a restaurant I will tip around 20%, but on a $5k invoice that's a big chunk of change! Anyone know what is kind of the customary ballpark for tipping vendors like...

Jackie, monday 17-Jul-23 7 94
Jackie
Engagement photos
Jackie of Before the wedding, On June 11, 2023 at 18:40

Thanks to all that gave advice on the hair and makeup trial, to do or not? This past weekend was full of wedding things and love ❤️ Had a chance to see how the makeup would photograph at our wedding...

Jackie, saturday 15-Jul-23 13 100
Jackie
Calgary and area brides using Jj’s house or Azazie for bridesmaid dresses?
Jackie of Alberta, On May 8, 2023 at 00:49

I’m using JJ’s house and Azazie to order bridesmaid dresses, and I ordered a bunch of swatches so I could make sure I had my colours right. In the spirit of “reduce/re-use” and saving money for...

Jackie, thursday 13-Jul-23 2 100 1
Jackie
What kind of bride are you?
Jackie of Before the wedding, On April 12, 2023 at 12:31

I have some friends planning their wedding, it is a month before mine takes place; my planning is done, and they have barely started. Got me curious to know, where do you lie on the bride spectrum?...

Jackie, monday 8-May-23 26 262
Jackie
Calgary and area brides using Jj’s house or Azazie for bridesmaid dresses?
Jackie of Alberta, On May 8, 2023 at 00:40

I’m using JJ’s house and Azazie to order bridesmaid dresses, and I ordered a bunch of swatches so I could make sure I had my colours right. In the spirit of “reduce/re-use” and saving money for...

Jackie, monday 8-May-23 79
Jackie
Hudson Bay - worst registry ever??
Jackie of Plan a wedding, On March 23, 2023 at 13:24

I had to give up. The website is SO bad I couldn’t even get to the page that would allow me to actually create my registry. Everything I clicked on redirected me to a search engine so I could locate...

Denise, sunday 9-Apr-23 18 314
Jackie
2 dresses or 1?
Jackie of Wedding fashion, On March 13, 2023 at 13:31

Hi ladies! Wanted some input from all you beautiful brides. I wouldn’t call my wedding dress comfortable by any means, and I plan to dance up a storm, but this thing cost me SO much money, and it’s...

Eurosegeln, monday 20-Mar-23 8 146
Jackie
Crying 😂
Jackie of Before the wedding, On March 15, 2023 at 00:39

Ok, who can relate…. Getting married in 6 months, I think about ANYTHING wedding related and… waterworks. What should my vows be? Cry. Browsing online for reception outfit? Cry. Replying to my...

Mila, friday 17-Mar-23 4 60

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics