Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Devoted September 2023 Alberta

Tell me the story behind your engagement ring!

Jackie, on September 27, 2023 at 13:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
There are all kinds of engagement rings out there; new shiny diamonds, old family heirlooms, stones with different meanings, or designs with certain sentiments in mind.
I knew I wanted rose gold and a stone that wasn’t a diamond, but I didn’t know what shape or size I would like until I tried it on. A friend’s fiancé had the inside of her ring embedded with their birth stones but she didn’t know what it looked like until she saw it.
Did you have any input on your engagement ring? Did you know what you wanted, a certain cut, stone, or design? Is there anything special about it that means something to you as a couple? Tell me about your ring!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 10:11
  • N
    Featured July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rachel tried on a few rings. I was planning on proposing on her birthday which is April 25 she decided to surprise me and proposed on April 8th with a ring very similar to hers.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hubby would ask me what kind of ring I like. I just knew what kind I didn’t. I told him what I didn’t like and he did the rest. He’s an over-thinker and followed the rule about wedding ring shopping about the percentage thingie. Anyways… he did the shopping on his own with confirmation and check in with my mum and sisters. It wasn’t a big thing for me but he did lovely I must say.
    Ahd the wedding band came with the ring. Amazing idea.
    Tell me the story behind your engagement ring! 1

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I went and tried on rings a couple times together. I wanted to make sure I liked what I thought I would like. I gave him a top 3 of the ones I tried on but gave him full control to pick whatever he wanted. He picked a ring that fit in perfectly with my top 3 but was so much nicer!Tell me the story behind your engagement ring! 2

• Cambridge
    Newbie December 2023 Massachusetts
    Cambridge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice ring collections.

• Luciane
    Newbie March 2018 Bas Rhin
    Luciane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine comes from my grandmother.

It's an heirloom that reminds me of the perfect, solid marriage she had.

So he and I didn't have to buy a new one.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well, we both said we would never marry again so it was a real surprise to me when he proposed 🤣🤣 He picked out my engagement ring all on his own but we both shopped for our wedding bands. He wanted a ring to match for me. We went with a very simple band for him cause as he said "he'd probably only wear it 2x a year" 😉
    Tell me the story behind your engagement ring! 3
    Tell me the story behind your engagement ring! 4

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I had talked about Rings before we got engaged. I had picked put 4 different Rings but didn't tell him which one was my absolute favorite. He definitely picked my #1 pick 🥰

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics