Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner September 2023 Ontario

Post wedding Thank You card etiquette?

Jessica, on November 12, 2023 at 15:54 Posted in Just married 0 4
Hello everyone! We just got married in mid September and now that we finally have time we are working on our Thank you cards, but are a little confused about the etiquette.

We wrote thank you cards & gave thank you gifts to our parents and wedding party the night before the wedding. Do we send them a thank you card after the wedding too like our regular guests? There were a few guests as well who are partners with members of the wedding party, and it feels weird to send a card addressed to just the partner rather than the couple. We also had a few wedding party members who gave wedding gifts and some who didn't (they would have physically seen us opening the gift and were thanked in person).
We just wouldn't anyone to be upset because a couple members of the wedding party got a second thank you card and others didn't, but we had 14 people in our wedding party, which is a lot more heart felt cards to do.
Anyone have any insight as to what the proper etiquette is for this? In summary what we were doing was cards to guests & cards to people who gave gifts that didn't get to see us open them. And no cards for the wedding party since they already received thank you cards & gifts the evening before, and no cards to people who saw us open the gift and were thanked in person after opening (these people were in our wedding party).
Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jackie, on November 13, 2023 at 10:50
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent thank you cards to everyone, and included some of our wedding photos featuring the people we sent them to (bridal party, parents etc.)

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would still send everyone a thank you card even though some had gotten one a few months prier. My husband and I did that with our wedding

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Kate in still sending a card to everyone, but those who already received one or received a verbal thank you would get a card with simplified wording.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica,

I feel like I'd be inclined to send out a more generic, short, sweet thank you card to everyone that way you are covered. It's a nice touch and like you said al though some of the wedding party did receive a more heartfelt personal card the night before, their partners would not have been included in that and they were still guests at your wedding so I think it's nice to send something out, I'd just be inclined to make it more short in wording.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics