Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Devoted September 2023 Alberta

Choosing your flower colours

Jackie, on October 11, 2023 at 10:53 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

The process of picking flowers and their theme colours looks different for every couple. Our colours ended up choosing themselves; my husband and his late sister were very close, so he and his groomsmen wore boutonnieres with a deep shade of purple, her favourite colour, and I wanted a fall theme, so we worked all of those together. A good friend and his wife honoured their late mothers by carrying bouquets and wearing boutonnieres with their favourite colours (deep red and royal blue). What are your flower colours? How did you decide on them? Have you always envisioned a certain look for your wedding or was it a game time decision?

red-panda-flowers.gif

5 Comments

Latest activity by Fedinand, on October 18, 2023 at 04:16
  • Aditi
    Newbie September 2024 British Columbia
    Aditi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still deciding on the colors since my fiancé has not picked his dress color yet. My bridesmaids are going to wear baby blue. I like the idea of fall colors.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our colors we did white and navy since navy was one of our colors

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our colours, I wanted to keep them very light. My colour scheme was dark green, gold and ivory - so I wanted to go with whites, some cream and a pale pink.

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds beautiful, very classic!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are some sweet reasons for picking colours Smiley heart

For us, I think it was our venue that determined the colours. We did a very city-downtown-chic-intimate type of gathering in a space that was filled with lots of neutral colours and fabrics - black, white, ivory, taupe, very modern. This made me want to stick with white flowers and keep it very clean looking. Had we done a more country theme wedding on a big piece of property and different time of year, this would have totally changed my mind on the colours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics