Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mary
Newbie September 2023 Alberta

Wedding Photos - Sneak Peaks / Highlight Photo Timelines

Mary, on October 18, 2023 at 15:53 Posted in Just married 0 5

I recently got married on September 30th - and had a "no phone" rule during the ceremony, and then during the reception nobody took any photos as the photographers were taking a bunch of everyone talking, dancing, etc.

After our wedding, our photographer said that we would expect to see the Highlights real shortly, and the entire album in 6-8 weeks as per our contract. It's been just about three weeks, and I haven't seen any photos at all - meaning I still have zero idea what I even really looked like on the day. I've subtly asked about when we could expect them and when, the good old "looking forward to seeing the highlights gallery!" But that was on Friday last week and I still have not heard anything since October 2.

Any suggestions on when would be an appropriate time to follow up and to be more direct? Photographers, what is your typical timeline for getting sneak peaks / highlights pictures out? People are starting to ask for pictures, and I still have no idea what I even looked like on the day - it was such a blur and I'd like to see even one picture!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jackie, on October 26, 2023 at 11:50
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This depends on your photographer and contract. Ours got sneak peeks to us the next day, and we have been married 5 weeks and I just got an update that our gallery is almost ready. Our engagement photos took about the same amount of time - 6 weeks. I would maybe follow up around the 6 week mark.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had two photographers - we had one at the ceremony and then we did a sunset session the next evening (we did a small 40 person wedding). We allowed everyone to take photos and I am glad I did and we got a lot of great ones until we got out photos.

Both photographers (from 2 completely deferent companies/individuals) sent sneak peek pictures by the Monday after our wedding, so one took 4 days and the other took 3 days to get those sent out to us. Our company we got married with (Shotgun Wedding) sent the entire album of 250 photos by the Friday - so in total 7 days - to get us our album (they are a company so their turn around time may be different than others) the photos were absolutely beautiful! Our sunset photos that happened the day after, that photographer took 5 weeks to get them to us. So overall - really good timings.

On the other note - our videographer for our ceremony promised 3-6 weeks and we are going on 9 weeks right now and still have not received. But I was told by all three vendors that did photography and videography that they are having their busiest August and September ever. So I am not really pushing it.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did not receive any sneak peaks and got our photos at the 6 week mark. I'm sure they will come in, just takes some time. It helps when the photographer communicates with you though just little updates make a difference. I'd probably follow up around the 6-7 week mark.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We allowed everyone to take pics and videos during the ceremony. And we were glad we did. all our pics from the day from friends/family came out way better than the professional ones.
    We didnt get any sneak peaks at the photos. We got all our photos in 4 weeks.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I never got any sneak peaks and recieved all of our photos at the 8 week mark

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics