Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie August 2025 Alberta

dj playing a curated playlist?

Melissa, on September 29, 2023 at 21:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi everyone! 😊 I’m so curious if anyone has ever hired a DJ and they were able to create something out of songs that you gave them?
Music is so special to my fiancé and I. We would love nothing more than to dance all night to favourite song after favourite song but haven’t seen this done before or how it might work!

*also to add: We’ve been thinking about just playing our own playlist and not having an official DJ, but I have ADHD and sometimes want the next song to start when the other one is about halfway through to keep the energy up!Give me any and all of the tips & experiences 💗💗

9 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 2, 2023 at 14:10
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    SO good to know thank you so much!! Great starting point to help me know what questions to even ask, that’s exactly what we would be looking for!
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hired a DJ for our wedding and he had a site where we could select “must play”, “play if possible” and “do not play”. That was FANTASTIC. We were able to make sure all the songs people really wanted to hear got played, and we didn’t have any hated songs driving people off the dance floor. I recommend looking into local DJs and seeing if they offer things like that.
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is such a cool idea! It’s so much fun when there’s live bands, thanks for the tip!
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds like exactly what we would want to do!! I didn’t know you could send them that big of a list (of course depending on the DJ) but this gave me such high hopes of how to go about it, thank you so much!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did not have a live DJ but instead a live band and they were able to transition into different songs, it was so cool! We left it up to them.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a dj and we gave him a list of must have songs and there was about 30-35 of them and the rest we left up to him and he definitely read the room right! If you have the right dj the can definitely run songs together
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They can email you a list of songs or you can send them a play list.
    We are composing our list since we want a romantic wedding with just slow love songs being played
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so good to know, I really appreciate your response 😊
    I would love to hear more about if they were able to sort of have songs run together and transition if you have that information!
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Impact DI works with your play list. We are making a playlist for our wedding since neither of us are dancers and we prefer slow dancing, we would also like to have some ethnic music to honour our backgrounds and they said it was not a problem

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics