Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kira
Beginner September 2024 Ontario

Tips for services

Kira, on January 14, 2024 at 10:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

Hi all,

I didn't even consider the fact that on top of prices, we would need to think about tipping people for their services. I am looking for any guidance and advice on how you have done this or plan to do this? I am not sure what the etiquette is surrounding tipping for weddings! Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kira, on January 15, 2024 at 11:51
  • Kira
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, that's a great idea!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I didn't tip everyone. We only tipped our photographer and our day of coordinator. But we had asked them what their favorite restaurant was and we gave them a gift card.

• Kira
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much, that's very helpful information!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The general rule is any solo operations who set their own prices (ie photographers, videographers, wedding planners/coordinators) don't require a tip. The same logic applies for makeup and hair artists or DJs if they operate by and manage themselves. But if they go above and beyond, it's always appreciated.

The ones you typically tip are those who are sent by a company (bar and wait staff, entertainers part of a company, general labour hired to set up your space, artists sent by a salon that they don't own etc).

Not all tips are restaurant style based on a percentage, a reasonable flat rate is fine. And for those who go above and beyond but typically don't expect tips, a gift card works too. And finally, check your vendor contracts to see if a gratuity is already included in the price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics