Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie October 2024 Ontario

Stag and Doe/jack and Jill Options

Jessica, on January 26, 2024 at 10:59 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3

Hello friends,

I am trying to decide if we should host a stag and doe/jack and jill.

I know that door sales and alcohol tend to be one of the largest contributors to the profit of the event, and my concern is that my side of the family does not drink, and my fiancé's moms side is from out of province.

Do you guys think it would be worth the stress and hassle to still try to host some event, with less emphasis on the drinking?

Thanks so much for your wise advice

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on April 14, 2024 at 00:42
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely host an even with not much drinks. I would say you can have a limit and that’s it. You don’t not have to break your bank on just the event while you have a whole wedding to put money towards. We only served wine at our wedding and did not want to deal with the additional steps to serve actual alcohol.

Especially if you’re thinking to have an open bar or some drinks on the wedding day.
    I wish you all the best on your wedding planning.
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t having a stag or a Jack and Jill. For us it’s not worth the added expense or the stress in planning.
    Our mothers want to host a bridal shower for us though
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can't profit off booze sales in Ontario so whether your guests drink or not is moot. If you can run an enticing event without alcohol (ie great food, cool entertainment, fun games) without breaking the bank and feel like you can profit off the ticket sales, then go for it.

Typically stag and does make bank when it's attended by a lot of people, which mean a lot of strangers and randoms who can contribute to door fees and raffle tickets. If your only potential audience for this are friends, and out of town family or those who don't drink, I wouldn't bother. They're already likely contributing towards your wedding via a gift anyway so it may feel odd to double dip in their funds to pay for a wedding (especially considering the economic times we're in).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics