Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Josie
Newbie September 2024 Ontario

Videographer or Content Creator?!

Josie, on January 22, 2024 at 16:04 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

Hi all!

I am a bit stuck with this... We have already put a small deposit on a Videographer for our big day, but recently trends have been showing me lots of Content Creators on instagram which I am truly enjoying. What do you think the difference is between the two? Who would you hire and why?

Thank you!

avgn-angry-video-game-nerd.gif

4 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 10:05
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The videographers that we have spoken to all have content creator as part of their packages
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Beginner July 2024 Quebec
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Josie, all the videographers i spoke too had in their package the option to create content specially edited for social media, so I think this is something your videographer might be able to offer as well, and youwill save the extra cost :-). Take care!

• Josie
    Newbie September 2024 Ontario
    Josie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Morning Hank!

Thank you so much for your response! I think you broke it down perfectly, and I will likely just move forward with our videographer instead of hiring a content creator as well. Thank you very much!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're the same thing. A videographer who is editing the final reel for you is creating content for you. But I assume these IG Content Creators' packages would be like specialized edits strictly for social media like IG/tiktok reels and other shareable social apps. Some may feel the standard wedding video is too personal to post on social media to strangers so they opt for an extra edit for a different more generic reel. Whether you feel having these extra edits are worth it is up to you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics