Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Newbie May 2025 Ontario

Where did you do your engagement shoots?

Caitlyn, on January 5, 2024 at 16:27 Posted in Ontario 0 4

My fiancé and I got engaged last year but are doing most of the planning this year to get married next year. I want to get a formal engagement shoot done this summer to use for all the wedding stationery. My photographer is already booked but I have no idea where to do the shoot at a reasonable price.

We're aiming for a garden/floral/heavy nature-inspired theme, with a hint of glamour. Places I've reached out to like Casa Loma and Royal Ambassador Banquet have quoted me $900 and $750 respectively just do be there for ONE HOUR to do the engagement shoot. There's no way this is normal right? I've heard all about the "wedding industry price gouging" but this feels crazy to me. Humber Arboretum charges $200 for 2 hours which is more reasonable but I still want to explore with other vendors since they don't have quite the look we're going for.

Please let me know where you did your shoot in the GTA and the prices, just in case I'm being delusional and these prices are actually reasonable!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on February 1, 2024 at 13:47
  • T
    Newbie September 2024 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did mine at Fairy Lake in Newmarket, lots of big trees, a pond and bridges -

NO permit fees!

My photographer also suggested the Aurora Community Arboretum but not sure if there is a permit involved

• H
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    Hassan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a royal pain in the ass to find a spot with low and/or no permit fees. Half of these venues charge a hell of a lot, knowing well that its winter and you're limited with where you can get an engagement photo shoot. Therefore, they price gouge you into paying nearly a grand to do an indoor photo shoot. Good luck with the hunt! I'm actively looking as well!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into Toronto parks or other parks in the GTA? You'll need a photo permit, and the popular ones like Edward Gardens and Centennial Park are pricey, but a lot of them are within your price range.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Caitlyn I would also post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook. You might be able to find a few brides that have used these locations

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics