Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie September 2024 British Columbia

Is a rehearsal necessary?

Tara, on February 28, 2024 at 16:30 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 3

I am getting married this September in the lower mainland. I am wondering how many people have found that the rehearsal was necessary? Most of us in the wedding have never been in a wedding before, but one of the officiants we have reached out to has told us that a rehearsal is very rarely required. Also, many services charge an extra $200 at least for a quick rehearsal, and we are trying to mindful of our fees. We want a nice, easy ceremony but I worry without a practice run we will not know what to do.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on April 14, 2024 at 00:46
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Tara,

I would say that a rehearsal is necessary to make sure you know what you want and don’t want come wedding day. We did our rehearsal to know our processional and recessional order then for the officiant to get to visit the venue.
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that a rehearsal is important and necessary for the bridal party to know when to walk and how to walk
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't need all your vendors to be at the rehearsal. The officiant's price will usually cover a rehearsal - they don't want to screw up your wedding ceremony. The venue will be more than happy to accommodate.

Rehearsals are helpful for getting to know all entrance and exit points, going through the run down of the ceremony, and discussing any key points with the officiant (ie need to mention certain things, make sure to not mention certain things etc). Also, you'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to walk properly down the aisle. If you have a song that people are supposed to walk to, you want them to know to pace themselves rather than dart down the aisle in less than 10 seconds.

If your ceremony is outdoors, it'll be useful to see how the sun hits your space so you and your photographer can know what spots are suitable for pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics