Skip to main content
Tyanna
Tyanna

Powell River, British Columbia · From September 2017

I'm a small town girl at heart, but have lived in Vancouver, all over Australia, and in saskatoon. I moved to saskatoon for a change of pace. I didnt... View more

I'm a small town girl at heart, but have lived in Vancouver, all over Australia, and in saskatoon. I moved to saskatoon for a change of pace. I didnt expect much, but I ended up meeting my now fiancee after a month in SK and the rest is history. We are getting married june 22,2019 (almost 6 years after our first date.) We have since moved back to my hometown of Powell River,BC and will be getting married here ❤

Happily married 🎉

June 22, 2019

1792days 22hrs

Discussions

Tyanna
We did it!
Tyanna of Just married, On June 30, 2019 at 11:37

I've been super absent from WW in the last few months. Back in April we found out we are expecting our first child in December so things got even more hectic from us! Luckily my bridal store was...

Missa, wednesday 3-Jul-19 23 352
Tyanna
Shoes
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On March 1, 2019 at 14:28

I know people have done this before, but I can't find a thread, so let's see your shoes! These are mine! I go for my first dress fitting tomorrow so I made sure to get them all laced up today and...

Noel, monday 15-Apr-19 63 905
Tyanna
Favours
Tyanna of DIY, On June 16, 2018 at 19:22

What's everyone doing for favours? Hubby and I hike and camp all the time and love the outdoors, so we bought a huge bag of wildflower seeds and are making hundreds of seed bombs for people to give...

Sheena, thursday 28-Mar-19 32 373
Tyanna
Guestbook
Tyanna of Plan a wedding, On September 21, 2018 at 15:57

What's everyone doing for their guestbook/what did you do? I just got mine today from a local small business and I am absolutely blown away by it. Its about 3.5'x2.5' and will go on our wall after the...

Vinod, wednesday 13-Mar-19 28 356
Tyanna
Showing off all the things
Tyanna of Beauty, On March 3, 2019 at 19:24

I've had a great week of all things wedding! I got to do my first dress fitting since August when I made the order, I found and bought my dream veil, i got my shoes purchased and laced, got my...

Michelle, wednesday 6-Mar-19 18 253
Tyanna
Ring pillow
Tyanna of Wedding ceremony, On January 1, 2019 at 00:27

What are you using for ring pillows? I love the idea of this lock and I don't mind paying the $100 for it, but I'm having a very hard time justifying $62 for shipping 😭. We would later...

Allen, wednesday 6-Mar-19 17 225
Tyanna
Things are getting real!!
Tyanna of DIY, On January 20, 2019 at 04:25

I had a very productive day today! Ended up with a rare day off of work and the gym due to a sinus infection, so I made the most of it and knocked off some big tasks! invites for full wedding,...

Donna, thursday 24-Jan-19 17 257
Tyanna
Huge weight lifted off my shoulders
Tyanna of Plan a wedding, On January 6, 2019 at 12:36

Hey all, I just found out some great news a few days ago and I'm so excited! Hubby and I are paying out of pocket for the wedding, so we buy things when we can afford them. As we get closer it gets a...

Erin, monday 7-Jan-19 13 269
Tyanna
Reception only invites
Tyanna of Wedding reception, On December 22, 2018 at 01:05

We are doing a small(ish) ceremony but would like to open up our reception after dinner to a select number of guests. We will be doing reception-only invites but I'm wondering how you guys suggest I...

Leah, friday 4-Jan-19 6 279 1
Tyanna
Veil vs dress
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On December 28, 2018 at 02:24

Hey all- Has anyone who has purchased a veil for their dress noticed a big difference when it comes to colour? My dress is ivory but I found a veil today that is white. It's beautiful and everything...

Jennifer, monday 31-Dec-18 5 168
Tyanna
Bridesmaids
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On December 18, 2018 at 11:48

Are your bridesmaids wearing the same or different dresses? Are they all the same colour? Mine will all be wearing different dresses that they went and picked out themselves. As long as it was the...

Monica, sunday 30-Dec-18 12 171
Tyanna
Parent gifts
Tyanna of Plan a wedding, On December 18, 2018 at 03:27

We still have to order most of the parent gifts, but these ones came in the other day and I love them! I will be having my dad and my step dad both walk me down the aisle, but I haven't asked my step...

Tyanna, friday 21-Dec-18 16 255
Tyanna
Dances
Tyanna of Wedding reception, On December 15, 2018 at 03:53

Hubby and I have picked out our first dance song and I have picked a song that I want to walk down the aisle to and MAN was that stressful 😂 We have both decided that we want our parents to choose the...

Rekramer, thursday 20-Dec-18 15 175
Tyanna
Before reception
Tyanna of Wedding ceremony, On December 15, 2018 at 11:48

What will you and your new husband have playing as you exit the ceremony? I think we have decided on hooked on a feeling as we want something fun and upbeat! Our ceremony and reception will be held on...

Brittany, thursday 20-Dec-18 6 93
Tyanna
Head table
Tyanna of DIY, On October 12, 2018 at 01:09

Hey all! I'm off to the city this weekend to buy material for our head table backdrop. I have an idea in mind of what I'd like to do, but is there anyone here who did their own and who figured out any...

Courtney, saturday 15-Dec-18 10 125
Tyanna
Vows
Tyanna of Wedding ceremony, On December 11, 2018 at 02:04

My whole life I've been what my mother likes to call "an emotionless rock" because I'm just not much of a crier (😂). That being said, I'm probably going to cry like a little baby during the ceremony...

Brittany, wednesday 12-Dec-18 19 212
Tyanna
Wedding party attire
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On December 1, 2018 at 23:37

Hey guys I'm in need of some help! We decided a long time ago that our groomsmen would be wearing light grey suits to go along with my fiances charcoal suit. The bridesmaids are wearing dusty lavender...

Brittany, monday 3-Dec-18 8 136
Tyanna
Engagement photos
Tyanna of Before the wedding, On October 10, 2018 at 01:45

K guys, it's me again (you know, the photo drama nightmare 😂) Anyway, I'm back now to say to anyone who has followed my posts that I think we have solved issues. I think I finally feel comfortable...

Melissa, thursday 11-Oct-18 9 157
Tyanna
Unprofessional vendors, part 2
Tyanna of Before the wedding, On October 4, 2018 at 02:21

Hey all!! You may have seen my post the other day about my experience with my photographer and my worry about her unprofessionalism. If you havent, you can find it here:...

Vinod, thursday 11-Oct-18 5 238
Tyanna
How do you deal with unprofessional vendors?
Tyanna of Before the wedding, On September 26, 2018 at 18:50

Hey everyone, I posted a while ago about being upset that my photographer cancelled my engagement shoot 2 weeks before it was scheduled with no explanation. My FH and I had both booked the day off and...

Melissa, tuesday 2-Oct-18 10 279
Tyanna
Garters
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On September 13, 2018 at 14:15

What's everyone doing for their garters? I just got mine from an etsy store that I found and I am SO in love with them ❤ i Hubby loves batman and we will be incorporating super heros in a few...

Bianca, tuesday 18-Sep-18 8 166
Tyanna
Light hair or dark hair?
Tyanna of Beauty, On September 1, 2018 at 02:01

I apologize in advance for you having to look at stupid selfies 😂 I've not yet decided on a style for my hair, but I'm thinking a low bun and I have this head piece. I'm a hairstylist, as is my mom....

Brandi, wednesday 5-Sep-18 16 435
Tyanna
Wedding March
Tyanna of Wedding ceremony, On June 16, 2018 at 14:04

When it comes to the ceremony, the only thing I know for certain is that I dont want a traditional wedding March. I think that I'd prefer a song, but am having a hard time coming up with something...

Brandi, friday 31-Aug-18 26 260
Tyanna
Dress shopping advice
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On August 10, 2018 at 10:55

Doing my first dress shopping trip on monday and am looking for advice of all kinds! Other than being open to ALL options when it comes to dresses, what other advice do you have? Did you wear...

Justine, monday 13-Aug-18 35 465
Tyanna
Dresses
Tyanna of Wedding fashion, On July 30, 2018 at 01:58

Everyone I need a little help! I'm going dress shopping for the first time in 2 weeks and am starting to really freak out about my size and not being able to find something that I love because of it!...

Breanne, tuesday 31-Jul-18 8 184
Tyanna
Colour options
Tyanna of Before the wedding, On July 26, 2018 at 22:02

Everyone, I need your help! We got our card stock samples the other day and now the fun has begun with picking out the order of the colour scheme! This is what we are trying to decide between (and as...

Allison, friday 27-Jul-18 15 141
Tyanna
Where to buy for diy
Tyanna of DIY, On July 13, 2018 at 01:39

Does anyone have any leads on buying metallic cardstock? I've been looking at paper-garden.ca and am thinking of ordering from there but am just wondering if anyone had somewhere else that worked well...

Stephanie, thursday 26-Jul-18 30 196
Tyanna
Centerpieces
Tyanna of DIY, On July 22, 2018 at 11:55

We got little busy with our DIYs yesterday and I just wanted to show off our little centerpiece creations! This is the general idea of what it will look like, but we will have clear wine bottles with...

Marcia, wednesday 25-Jul-18 15 237
Tyanna
Photography woes
Tyanna of Before the wedding, On July 11, 2018 at 13:52

Hey everyone Im sorry this is going to be long, but I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to think about a message I got yesterday on Facebook from my photographer. With our wedding package we...

Maya, wednesday 11-Jul-18 8 219
Tyanna
Bouquet Advice
Tyanna of Wedding ceremony, On June 21, 2018 at 00:02

Has anyone done their boquet with succulents or other "green" plants and flowers? My grandma was a florist once upon a time (and incredible one, at that) and it's always been in my plan to have her...

Bianca, monday 25-Jun-18 9 134
Tyanna
One year
Tyanna of Before the wedding, On June 22, 2018 at 05:31

We finally made it to the one year mark! In 365 days, I get to marry my best friend! even though we have most of the big stuff either fully paid for or at the very least organized and cheques sent out...

Bianca, sunday 24-Jun-18 13 123
Tyanna
Couples getting married on 22/june/2019 in British Columbia
Tyanna of British Columbia, On June 17, 2018 at 17:02

Hi everyone! What was it that made you decide june 22,2019 was the day you wanted to get married? For me it was summer solstice! I figure if I'm throwing a party, it might as well be on the longest...

Tyanna, wednesday 20-Jun-18 2 66

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics