Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Bouquet Advice

Tyanna, on June 21, 2018 at 00:02 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
Has anyone done their boquet with succulents or other "green" plants and flowers?

My grandma was a florist once upon a time (and incredible one, at that) and it's always been in my plan to have her create my bouquets and centerpieces for me. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer back in April, shortly after I got engaged. We have still talked about how we want to do the bouquets, until last week. Her condition has worsened and she ended up in the hospital for aweek and they didnt think she would be qble to come home. Miraculously, on day 7 she was released from the hospital to go home. My fiance and I have now moved in with her as her full time caretakers, but we are unsure of how much time we have left with her!

My wedding is still a year away (367.5days, to be exact 😂) and i fear she won't be able to make my wedding. I know she is very upset about this.

My hope is to be able to get some inspiration photos of bouquets and surprise her in the next few days by going out and buying a bunch of succulents and other flowers, so that we can make "mock boquets" and film it so I can watch next year while creating them if she cant be there, but i need some stuff to go on and pinterest isnt helping me much at this point!

I also love lilies and will be incorporating those, so I'd love to see anything and everything with those as well, or just some beautiful bouquets to brighten my day Smiley smile

Thanks everyone!

Bouquet Advice 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 25, 2018 at 00:13
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Interesting, Following for Ideas
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so sorry about your grandmother. That is such a hard thing to deal with on its own without the added chaos of planning a wedding.

I have this as a bit of inspiration if I choose to go with a bouquet. I'm also planning on just going with greenery and maybe a few touches of white for the bridesmaids.

Bouquet Advice 2

Bouquet Advice 3

Bouquet Advice 4
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never thought of etsy for boquet! I buy everything else off of there so I'm not sure how that slipped my mind to look on there but thank you for the idea Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the first one thank you! It gets too overwhelming trying ro sort through all of Google and pinterest to find ones I really like!
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is beautiful thank you! I like the less structured ones for sure!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother! I hope she manages to recover.

I think that if you base your ideas for a bouquet off of ones that are just succulents and then supplement in the lilies you will have a great bouquet. you could do something that is less arranged and coordinated than a regular bouquet as well. You could also have your bridesmaids carry a succulent group in a pot instead of an actual bouquet.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry about your grandmother; hopefully she recovers well and is able to be there for your wedding (and beyond that). Smiley sad

As Lydia said, that's sweet of you and your fiancé to take care of her, and I love that you're trying to incorporate her into your bouquet/florals.

I previously considered using succulents too as an invitation my fiancé and I were considering at the time contained them, and I wanted our invitations to tie together with the look of our wedding. Anyway, below you will find a succulent bouquet I like that you could incorporate lilies into! It's not as structured as many succulent bouquets I've seen, which is what made it stand out to me.
    Bouquet Advice 5

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but happy to hear she's holding on for now. I think that your idea is absolutely precious and beautiful.

I googled succulent bouquet (I know - very "go to" and I'm sure you've already done that) and found these ones that I think are pretty Smiley smile

Bouquet Advice 6wedding-succulent-bouquet-succulent-bridBouquet Advice 7Succulent-bouquet.png

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm really sorry about your grandmother Smiley sad super sweet of you guys that you're taking full time care of her and it's so nice what you want to do! I bet she'll love it!

There's some really neat bouquet inspiration on Etsy! I don't mean to say to actually buy them there, but I mean the pictures could help with inspiration right? There's even a few if you search on "Lilly succulent bouquet" that incorporate both succulents and lillies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics