Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Veil vs dress

Tyanna, on December 28, 2018 at 02:24 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5
Hey all-

Has anyone who has purchased a veil for their dress noticed a big difference when it comes to colour? My dress is ivory but I found a veil today that is white. It's beautiful and everything I've been wanting in a veil. The lace isn't the same as it was not made for the dress, but I think they will complement each other nicely, as long as the colours go!

It's been about 4.5 months since I last saw my dress and I will bring the veil with me to my first fitting.. but is it something that should be stressed about? Did you stick to the same colour veil and dress or did you do something totally different?! Here is a picture of both my dress(the lighting is not great) and of the veil I have purchased. If I find the veil doesn't work, I have no doubt that I can sell it again Smiley smile

Don't mind the unattractive photo of me and unflattering angle that broadcasts all my chins, but the lighting is much better in this photo! 😂

Veil vs dress 1

Veil vs dress 2

Veil vs dress 3

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on December 31, 2018 at 16:39
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It truly depends on the tone of the white and the tone of the ivory. from pics it looks like it could match. depending on where the veil is from. if you haven't purchased yet. ask about their return policy.

I would take the veil with me next time you try on your dress. or if you are close to the wedding shop, go in one day and ask to put them against each other.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love love love your dress. So beautiful... If our wedding dates weren't so far apart, we may have even run into each other at Lisa's! Haha.

I think it will be fine... but you can actually get veils dyed, so if you MUST HAVE your veil and it's too white, you can get it dyed to match your ivory dress!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed. It shhhhooooould look okay. I tried on a white veil with an ivory dress and could only barely tell buuuuut!!! But! With that being said my dress isn't lace - it is completely just a crisp clean blank fabric that is all one colour.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm... this is actually a large concern for me too. My dress is in Ivory and I specifically bought my veil in ivory because I have found in photos and comparisons in person... ivory and white can be very different! Ivory is close to white! But when something Ivory is beside something stark white you can tell the difference.

HOWEVER! That was me comparing 2 wedding dresses beside each other, white and ivory. If the veil is white and mesh it shhhhooooould be okay? I just worry that the lace on your veil is pretty large, and if it is a stark white in comparison to your dress it might be noticeable?

I would say test it out with the dress! See if there is any contrast! Worst case you can always use some tea bags and make the veil slightly more ivory with a bit of dye treatment!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would look lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics