Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Huge weight lifted off my shoulders

Tyanna, on January 6, 2019 at 12:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hey all, I just found out some great news a few days ago and I'm so excited! Hubby and I are paying out of pocket for the wedding, so we buy things when we can afford them. As we get closer it gets a little more stressful and up until 4 days ago, the bar and music were big ones that were just weighing down on us as the next big expense.

Anyway, someone pointed me in the direction of the DJ that they had used and told me his process were fairly reasonable and how great he was (I've been to events where he has DJ'd before too) so I went out on a limb and messaged him. He responded within the hour saying his cost us $350 for 10 hours. 10 HOURS! that's exactly what we need between ceremony and reception, and that includes setup and takedown, but isnt included in the 10 hours. I could not be happier! Everyone we looked at previously was around $800 for 7 hours. Our DJ does it as a hobby outside his regular job as a contractor and has 25 years experience so I'm feeling great about it.

As we were chatting, he asked if I had my bar figured out yet and I said no. He then proceeded to tell me he sent my info to someone who he has worked with at many functions and weddings and to await an email from her. I got one very shortly after from her explaining that she bartends weddings frequently and purchases ALL of the alcohol, mixes, cups, napkins, straws, etc. And the liquor licence for us. She does set up and take down and is willing to work as many hours as needed. She does it all for FREE, but obviously takes home the profit (brilliant!) Ice checked with 5 people that she gave me as references or that I had just known that used her services, and they cant say enough good about her!

So now here I am, so excited that our budget just went down over $2000 (not including actual cost of liquor!). Now, the only BIG expense left for us to pay is our rentals for the weekend 😅

Check your local vendors, guys. Theres hidden gems all over the place, you just have to look for them 💜🍻

13 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 7, 2019 at 22:35
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! That's fantastic!! Isn't it great when everything falls into place???
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YAAAHHH!!!! what a breath of fresh air!!! so happy that happened for you!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so awesome! Must feel so relieved!

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is great! Good job!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so happy for you! Getting deals is literally the best!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome findings. Unbelievable costs and connections. Really great to hear your news.
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome! My biggest thing was photographers. I just couldn't afford it so I was trying to figure it out. Well my mother in law has two friends who do it on the side and do their big events down in London and take better pics then licenced photographers ( I've seen their work, it's astonishing) and they are doing it for free for me the entire day and night for FREE. They will just give me the memory cards and I just go print them off. I don't care if they are not edited, I can do that myself. I also was stuck on uplighting, I emailed DJs seeing if they would just do that, because my wedding is on a off-peak, one is doing my entire 1200sq foot hall for $100. He usually rents them 20-25 a light! I was so happy
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is awesome!! I can't believe you found a DJ for so cheap!!!!

• S
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Sandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aww to bad thanks for getting back to me
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm way over on the west coast of Canada, but it looks like Toure in Ontario so I dont think so 😔
  • S
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Sandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where are you located wondering if your in my area
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't even write how excited and happy I am for you! Yay for serendipity and awesomeness!!Smiley heart

• F
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Fhybe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First congratulations!!! Smiley smile and thank you for sharing this. Definitely going to check them out. I wish you and your FH all the best.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics