Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Photography woes

Tyanna, on July 11, 2018 at 13:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hey everyone Im sorry this is going to be long, but I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to think about a message I got yesterday on Facebook from my photographer.

With our wedding package we received a free engagement session. We signed our contract with her in May and had tentatively booked a June session but hadn't picked a formal day.

She ended up moving back home from victoria that month, so messaged me saying it just wasnt a good time so we planned for August 16 to give her lots of time to get settled in back home. I managed to book the afternoon/evening off from both of my jobs and my FH booked the day/night off both his jobs too. We booked this on may 28 with her as a final date and yesterday I received this message from her. I get that its still a months notice, but we had to book that time off and now will have to request for more time off instead. Between my 2 jobs, I have to be able to find another day that works for both bosses, and so far that's looking like it won't be until September 20. Ince I get my days approved, my hubby can ask for his off and we can hope that it works.

We had picked a summertime shoot because our plan was to hike to a peak on one of our favourite parts of the SCT at sunset for our photos.

Now knowing that I cant do it until fall, that completely changes my plans and I'm a little bummed. I found out today that her brother bought them both tickets to Vegas and that's where she is going, which I totally get, but I think that maybe she could have handled it all a little better and even said what was actually going on.

I would have understood if she had at least said "hey my bro surprised me with a trip to Vegas but it's the same weekend as your shoot , can we reschedule?" Rather than just the "sorry I'm out of town" that I received.

I feel like because it's the free shoot that she doesnt really care, even though we just paid her nearly $1000 for our deposit for the wedding package.

Anyway, I think that maybe I just needed to vent and that maybe I'm out of line for feeling this way, but I needed to tell someone!

Photography woes 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Maya, on July 11, 2018 at 15:22
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That can be very frustrating I can only imagine. I only liked a few of our engagement photos and the majority I had to edit further and to make them look better. Our photographer did agree to edit 2 for us further because the dogs leash was drawing too much attention to my fiancé’s crotch. Maybe the weather will be nice in September. I’m lucky I have lots of photography friends and so I am going to have another engagement shoot for almost free. My friend will be practicing and I will only pay she said if she captured something we like. I hope you find a day that works.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh, snow in September... something we never see down here in Vancouver... or much of the winter either... haha!

Your photographer should have been up front with you. Especially if she knows that you'll most likely find out what the story is anyways... I agree, hiding it, or appearing to hide it, gives off the wrong vibe.

I hope your bosses aren't too mad, and that it all works out! Can't wait to see the photos after all this!!

• Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We live in the same town now Smiley smile she moved back home to where I am!
  • Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d be upset! Also, do you think she will travel for your wedding day and will she charge you? I’d ask her that because you don’t want to be scrambling to find someone last minute.
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont mind that she got a free trip, i think thats actually pretty cool. The part I have a problem with is her just all of a sudden non chalantly messaging me to say our dates no longer work and that we have to change them. I really love her photos and I do really like her as a person but I definitely irritated. My bosses are doing what they can to accommodate but it looks pretty bad on my part to keep having to ask for more time off!
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We wont be hikingfor fall photos! The peak we are going to usually has now by the first week of September and I dont want snow in pictures!

It was a mutual friend who mentioned the trip, not my photographer which kind of irked me. I dont mind the look of fall photos but this is the second time shes now pushed back the date and my bosses are not exactly happy with me lol.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Really, a free trip somewhere is the only time I let people off for overscheduling on my plans.... It is definitely frustrating... and sometimes you just need a safe space like here to let it out...

Unfortunately/fortunately? She did give you quite a bit of notice, and she seems to be courteous about it... because the contract probably wasn't signed with the engagement session committed, there's not much to do aside from accepting it. Try to look at the positive!

Mid-September is still usually good weather, and may even be more pleasant to hike, instead of arriving for your photos maybe a little sweaty and red in the face! Haha. I know I would be...

Also you may even start to get colours of leaves changing which could make for gorgeous photos!

Sorry for the frustration, I totally get it. Hopefully it all turns out!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    She's acting unprofessional and not taking you seriuosly after taking the time off for your shoot. She needs to tell her brother to reschedule and do your timing.

If it was me, i would say of your cancelling on us, is there a refund. This isn't right abd you two are paying for her services.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics