Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Light hair or dark hair?

Tyanna, on September 1, 2018 at 02:01 Posted in Beauty 0 16

I apologize in advance for you having to look at stupid selfies 😂

I've not yet decided on a style for my hair, but I'm thinking a low bun and I have this head piece.

I'm a hairstylist, as is my mom. My mom will be doing my hair for the wedding, but I started going lighter with my hair back before I got engaged and I love the light, but I have had dark hair all my life. I'm hoping for some help deciding on whether I should keep my light hair, but continue to let my shadow roots grow to more of a balayage look, or if I should start transitioning back to dark hair? Going back to dark will take a few months, so now is the time to decide on what to do Smiley smile

my wedding is june 22,1019. Its a fully outdoor wedding, and I will be wearing a chapel length veil.

One of these is what I'm thinking of possibly doing for my hair the day of.

Light hair or dark hair? 1

Light hair or dark hair? 2

Light hair or dark hair? 3

Light hair or dark hair? 4

Light hair or dark hair? 5

Light hair or dark hair? 6

Light hair or dark hair? 7

16 Comments

Latest activity by Brandi, on September 5, 2018 at 14:19
  • B
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Blonde for sure!!!

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I vote for the blond balayage look!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Balayage for sure!!! It suites so you well! Also love your headband and style you chose, it will all look so great together!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love the way it looks in the first photo! Balayage IMO looks the best, and I really like you with blond hair. (I’m in the exact same boat as you right now, I can’t choose between dark or blond hair)
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the darker colour, I think it would give a nice contrast with the veil. I have dark hair so I might be biased towards it lol. I like those hair styles. I am thinking of one of these for mine. I’m not decided yet, and I’m afraid the third one may be a little too messy as I will likely dance the night away.

Light hair or dark hair? 8

Light hair or dark hair? 9

Light hair or dark hair? 10
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVE the blonde!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love both but I definitely like blonde a bit better! Those styles are beautiful!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m loving the blonde on you!! You should totally keep it for the wedding!!!!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep the blonde for sure! I like the idea of doing a balayage for your wedding tho. I think it's a very flattering look.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely loving the blonde on you! You look great!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really??? That's so funny it looks the freshest dyed hahha!!! But I know how you feel but honestly I think it looks great on you! It will show off your headpiece nicely too having the dark on top and then flow into the blonde! Really nice touch!
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the blonde on you! You could just smudge the roots/ add some highlights! The dark hair looks good too, though the photo that may be from Grad looks slightly darker than the other pic, possibly too dark? If that makes sense. A light brown would look nice.

• Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha the funny part is, that third selfie was taken yesterday as I posted this and the others were all taken at the beginning of the month. I havent done anything more to my hair since then, its just all in how I part it from day to day. The shadow root was done to keep the grow out more natural looking. I often feel like I really love the light hair and want to keep it but because it's so new to me I'm afraid I'm in this little bubble where I think it looks good and everyone else around me hates it 😂
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would never wait until the week before Haha I know as a hairstylist how long it takes to go back to dark once you're light, and vice versa! 😂 I absolutely despise my natural colour, so that will never happen, but my roots currently are much closer to my natural than the dark is or my ends. Everyone I ask seems to be split right down the middle for opinion on it so I had to come here 😅😅
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My vote is to keep your hair colour like the first or second selfie! The third selfie I feel the blonde ends are too long compared to the darker roots and to me look more like roots and less like an ombre. Maybe keep the darker longer roots and go with a less striking blonde ombre? But I really love the colour combo in the first 2 pics! Its suits you really well!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tough choice! I have only dyed my hair once, so my bias is natural colour is the way to go! Whatever you decide though, my one piece of advice is don’t wait until the week before to change it! Two friends waited last minute and had to go back a couple days before the wedding because the colour was wrong. One friend was trying to get her natural colour and the other was going lighter. Sounds like you are on the ball though!
    And, you will look gorgeous no matter what you decide!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics