Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Ring pillow

Tyanna, on January 1, 2019 at 00:27 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17
What are you using for ring pillows?

I love the idea of this lock and I don't mind paying the $100 for it, but I'm having a very hard time justifying $62 for shipping 😭. We would later use it as home decor in our living room, but 60% of the total being shipping seems so crazy to me.

Other ideas I've thought of are:

having a captain America shield dog toy that we found at our local petstore (our ring bearer will be wearing captain America socks and cuff links)

Having an actual little box with our initials carved in like this one or the string heart that we can later turn either one if them to a tree ornament

Ring pillow 1

Ring pillow 2

Ring pillow 3

17 Comments

Latest activity by Allen, on March 6, 2019 at 22:00
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My woodworking in-laws are hand carving a box out of walnut and engraving it for us with a tiny little hinge!
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley smile

awesome I never seen the first one lock with a key, that's a great idea. This way the rings won't get lost but making sure the Best man has the key. Shipping on line that's the way things are now.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That lock is gorgeous!!! But I'm with you on the shipping.. it's almost just as much as the lock itself.. I don't think I could do it but I would endlessly search for something similar.. I just have a small wooden box that holds both the rings.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lock concept is nice and your right about justifying the cost of the shipping. It seems expensive along with the taxes on top. I wouldn't do it for that price. A simple pillow can do the job or box to hold the rings.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome!!!

my friend did that. got a silver briefcase (put the rings in 2 boxes inside of as the nephews were older). they had dress pants and sandals on (beach wedding). and had a ring security shirt, aviators, and even a fake earpiece. it was AWESOME! and such a hit!

• Kateland
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kateland ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The lock is so beautiful, but in my opinion, wouldn't be worth the cost. However, it's just one day. And if you're going to be buying something at an unreasonable cost, it's probably only going to be for your wedding, so that being said, if you truly love it and nothing compares, get it. Just consider how much you're actually going to be seeing it the day of (will it contribute to your happily ever after, or will you be so overjoyed, and possibly overwhelmed to notice it?).

• Kateland
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kateland ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a beautiful little box like in your photo. It says "with this ring" on the front in a pretty script and has a matching leaf detail to our invitations. My sister in law to be bought it for us and my family was like ???you have a box.. what about the pillow. But we don't care Smiley smile We love the box! My newphew/RB is 8 so he'll probably have the actual rings.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t mind at all! 😊
  • Rebeca
    Beginner March 2019 Ontario
    Rebeca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What an amazing idea!!!! I love the concept of the ring bearer only having access to the box. Hope you don't mind my using this idea.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered a wooden engraved ring box from aliexpress. has our initials and wedding date. took about 6 weeks go get to us. but it was only 12 bucks.

we are not giving our nephew the rings as he is too young in my opinion (hes 4). we are going to have a fun sign instead (like "i'm just here for the cake")

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This one is from etsy! It's great quality which I like. The others look cheaper and I dont like them as much 😔
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the little box! However I always feel when it comes to the ring bearers... people really wont see very much what they are carrying! I think it's usual too for the Best Man to be carrying the actual rings (because kids can be fussy lets be real)

Our Best Man will be holding out rings and out 2 bearers will be coming down the aisle, probably with a simple pillow each and a fake ring on it!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I still love the lock and key - is it just the same size as a normal lock? Or is it extra large or something? From the looks of the rings on them it looks regular sized - have your tried etsy? I know that this one isn't the same and has the engraving on the back but it ships for just $7 https://www.etsy.com/ca - customisable heart shape wedding lock

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds awesome! At first I was like - ya, another ring security bit.. but with the add on of the ring pops and hopefully scaring the groom a bit I LOVE IT!! lol

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting a black metal 'ring security' lunch box for our ring bearer to carry, which will be personalized for him and he'll get to keep.

A little secret that no one knows about...and won't until the day of... the ring bearer will be carrying ring pops in the lunch box. My maid of honour and my fiancé's best woman will have the actual rings clasped onto their bouquets. Smiley winking Here's hoping my fiancé doesn't kill me or have a heart attack when he opens the lunch box and finds the ring pops in there!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the lock but can’t justify the $60 shipping!

We’re doing a plush peacock for our ring bearer pillow so I can see the Captain America pillow looking so cute!
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lock and key is super cute! But i can't fathom to pay that much for shipping Smiley sad I think the box that you could use as a tree ornament would be just as good!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics