Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Bridesmaids

Tyanna, on December 18, 2018 at 11:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
Are your bridesmaids wearing the same or different dresses? Are they all the same colour?

Mine will all be wearing different dresses that they went and picked out themselves. As long as it was the same designer I was happy! These are the 4 dresses theyve picked, except they will all be wearing the dusty lavender colour and they are all long, except the one that is short in the front!

I'm not too worried about the shoes, but I do want them all in a grey shoe (any style) but I'd prefer something darker. Should I just pick out 5 or so pairs to choose from as to not overwhelm them or should I just let them do their thing? I dont want to seem like a bridezilla over it, because I'm actually pretty relaxed. A couple of my girls are not great decision makers on their own Haha.

Does anyone have some good leads on nice grey shoes that doesnt come from pinterest? Most of their cute shoes are just photos with no links! They can be booties, sandles, flats, heels, wedges, etc I'm totally open!

Bridesmaids 1

Bridesmaids 2

Bridesmaids 3

Bridesmaids 4

12 Comments

Latest activity by Monica, on December 30, 2018 at 19:49
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let the girls choose whatever style and colour they wanted, but gave them a general guideline of the colour scheme to stay within and I definitely wanted long dresses. It just so happened to work out that the dresses that the girls chose were in the same colour.. I wouldn’t have minded if we had mismatched! For their shoes, they chose the same pairs as well. My girls were pretty easy going - thank god!!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would let them pick out their own shoes. Shoes fit everyone differently and some shoes may not be comfortable on some people. Some people can wear high heals, other aren’t comfortable in them. Some people have narrow feet, some people wide. I know I sometimes have a hard time finding shoes that fit right. And unlike a dress you can’t alter a shoe.

I would tell them a colour like dark grey and then let them chooses.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls each picked their own dress style in the same colour (some long some short) and they all looked so beautiful! I let them pick their own hair/makeup/shoes to go for whatever look they wanted. We had everything from birkenstocks to blingy white flip flops to heels to gladiator sandals and I loved it!

Bridesmaids 5

Bridesmaids 6
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are wearing lilac and my FHs girls are wearing plum. I gave them complete freedom, the only rules were floor-length and the colours. My girls ended up picking the same dress and so did his. Hope it makes sense but mine have 1 dress and his have a different dress but they match each other.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are in the same colour, all floor-length... they picked their own styles, and just happened to all end up with 2-strap/v-neck look, but different fabrics/designs. I like it because they will like their dresses and feel confident, but have their own looks.

I'm just telling them black shoes, no chunky jewelry, and no raccoon eyes Smiley tongue

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls will be same colour, length, material. they can pick whatever dress they want (minus a few styles that I think are just ugly). shoe wise...whatever they are comfortable with. i'm not even caring on color (silver is the safest bet).

if they struggle with decisions...I would maybe give some guidelines/examples. then say. whatever you want in the color. I personally wouldn't go with grey. I would go more along the lines of silver. As I find grey is a hard tone to match (if you are concerned about them being similar).

check out amazon for shoes. usually good pricing. davids bridal has nice/blinged out sandals. for a pretty decent price (and a lot of times they have BOGO sales)

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be leaving it up to my girls since the dresses will cover the shoes. But if you’ve got some people who are really bad at making decisions I think the idea of sending them like 5 to choose from/pick something similar too is a really good idea. It makes things easy but you’ve still got some choice
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am leaving it up to my girls as we haven't gone shopping for dresses yet. They will be all from the same designer, length and colour, but I am leaving the design up to them. If they all want the same dress, that is totally fine with me!

Also doing the same with shoes. I don't think you will be too much of a bridezilla to tell them what you want, as it is your day! You could look online at shoe stores to see what styles and colours are out there and give them those different options!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 4 bridesmaids: 2 of them will be in teal and the other 2 in purple! Their shoes will be silver/grey too and I'm not too picky about what the end up with, especially if they end up with longer dresses.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of my bridesmaids are wearing dresses from Davids Bridal in the colour Marine, but they are different dresses. I will ask them to wear gold jewellery and the same colour shoes as well, likely black.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's where I think a few of the girls will struggle though! I literally ended up having to send them a handful of dress pictures to try on because they didnt know where to start.. and that was just one designer, never mind a whole world's worth of shoes lolol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be doing something similar to you - same designer will probably happen so that the colour of the dresses are all the same but they can choose which dress they would like to wear. Same length as well - except the MOH can have hers different to set her apart.

I would say that it should be fine to let your bridesmaids find their own shoes as they will be covered up by the long dresses (except for the high low dress). You could just be more specific as to the shade of grey - like either light or dark. Other than that I would just send them on their way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics