Skip to main content
T
Trish

Brantford, Ontario · From June 2018

Happily married 🎉

April 27, 2019

1798days 5hrs
L
Can you ask guests to pay a deposit on their meal?
Lisa, On March 9, 2019 at 23:35

Me and my Fiancé have planned our wedding and picked the perfect venue. The only problem is the only option for guests is either 30 or 60. We can either have only close family or triple our costs and...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 20
Petra
Real flower centrepieces budget
Petra, On March 11, 2019 at 10:05

I’m trying to make a budget for my table centerpieces using real flowers. How much did everyone spend on their centrepieces? I have no idea where to start especially because how much we should spend...

Amanda, monday 13-May-19 15
Lynnie
Splurge or Save: Food?
Lynnie, On August 21, 2017 at 07:05

There's no doubt that food and booze costs will eat up a large portion of your total wedding budget! On average, couples tend to spend anywhere from 20-40% of their budget just on food and drinks!...

Amelia, friday 25-Oct-19 92
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Will you give a thank you speech?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:28

Are you planning to make a speech to your guests? Will you toast to them and thank them for attending? Have you sorted out the details? Who will speak? What will you say? When will the speech happen?...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 37
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Have you arranged for vendor meals?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:27

Your vendors are working hard for you, right through meal time. Have you and your caterer arranged to feed them? Do they each get a choice that you need to collect from them? Does your caterer know...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 33
Cassidi
Gifts for mcs
Cassidi, On September 3, 2017 at 14:12

Are you ladies getting your MCs anything as a thank you gift? If so, what? All I can come Up with right now is a gift certificate to a nice restaurant!

Trish, monday 8-Apr-19 16
Becky
Beauty preparation before the wedding
Becky, On April 8, 2019 at 13:25

Are you doing anything beauty related before your upcoming wedding? Or any suggestions of what we can do before our upcoming wedding? It could be as small as a nails being done or as big as hair...

Donna Yeung, monday 22-Apr-19 42
Amanda
Potluck vs. Buffet caterer
Amanda, On February 7, 2019 at 22:25

Hey all! Thought I’d pop in here and get other opinions. I have a heated issue in my planning process about the “FOOD” section. I have been looking at caterers (nothing fancy) to do a buffet style...

Maria, tuesday 12-Feb-19 17
Lynnie
Rehearsal: Necessary or Not?
Lynnie, On December 17, 2018 at 09:05

Are you definitely having a ceremony rehearsal with your wedding party and officiant? Or are you skipping the ceremony practice? How necessary do you think the rehearsal is? Photo from Bella Event...

Trish, saturday 9-Feb-19 29
Lindsay
Alcohol
Lindsay, On February 9, 2018 at 14:02

Opinion on open bar vs making guest pay. If we chose a wedding venue where we could supply our own alcohol we would have a open bar. If we chose a venue that is licensed we would have to make our...

Lindsay, sunday 3-Feb-19 30
Lynnie
How many times have you changed your budget?
Lynnie, On January 21, 2019 at 09:05

Figuring out the budget for your wedding is not easy! It can change with every single contract and purchase, as you decide where to splurge and where to save! How many times has your budget changed? 💰...

Brittany, wednesday 6-Feb-19 35
Maegan
We planned an adults only reception, now my FH thinks we should include his nieces. Help!
Maegan, On January 29, 2019 at 14:46

Hello, So our wedding planning has been going great so far. Early on we agreed on an adults only wedding with the only exception being my FH's neices as flower girls for the ceremony. I planned around...

Bianca, monday 11-Feb-19 19
Kelly
Day-of-coordinator
Kelly, On January 29, 2019 at 22:02

Oh man you guys. I'm overwhelmed. I just got back home from a consultation with a day-of coordinator. Originally, we weren't going to have one, but as the day approaches, and I see the number of...

Michelle, wednesday 6-Feb-19 14
Michelle
Speeches
Michelle, On January 6, 2019 at 19:05

Just wondering where everyone stands on speeches after the ceremony at the reception before dinner is served. Who uses them and why? Who doesn't and why? What would we ask people to say or not to say?...

Trish, wednesday 30-Jan-19 10
Joey
Are you assigning seats, assigning tables, or leaving it open?
Joey, On January 22, 2019 at 08:05

When your reception rolls around, will your guests be assigned to a certain seat? Will you direct them to a table and let them seat themselves? Or will guests be allowed to seat themselves wherever...

Katelyn, monday 18-Nov-19 42
Daniela
Open bar vs per consumption
Daniela, On January 27, 2019 at 18:02

Hi all!! I am hoping you guys can help me with this dilemma. Bottom line is we definitely want to cover alcohol for our guests we just don't know what's the best option! I am pro open bar and my FH is...

Trish, wednesday 30-Jan-19 18
Melanie
Cutting on budget? whats worth spending on?
Melanie, On January 28, 2019 at 15:43

Hey our wedding is Aug 22 2020. Most of the places that we are looking into seem to a arm and a leg wondering what are your tips and tricks on cutting budget cost and what to spend on?

Vinod, thursday 7-Feb-19 15
Michelle
Bridesmaids Gifts
Michelle, On January 13, 2019 at 21:04

Where is everyone getting there bridesmaids gifts from? Also do we have to give gifts to our whole wedding party? Tia

Danielle, sunday 15-Sep-19 18 1
Natalie
How much did you pay for your flowers?
Natalie, On January 18, 2019 at 09:18

For those who have already paid for their flowers - real or artificial - what were your final costs? What did you get with it? Trying to get something to compare our quotes to.

Mary, tuesday 29-Jan-19 32
Gina
Money only bridal shower-invitation
Gina, On January 6, 2018 at 19:30

Hello everyone! I am the first one in my family/friends to be getting married and I only been to bridal showers when I was a young girl. I am planning a bridal shower and I do not want to receive any...

Marcella, tuesday 3-Oct-23 17
T
Best bra for low cut low back dress
Trish, On January 15, 2019 at 01:13

I need something that is gonna lift and separate! Bra size C38 and don't wanna spend a fortune.........sigh.........

Leah, thursday 31-Jan-19 11
Cherry
Who's paying what?
Cherry, On November 23, 2018 at 19:04

Hello fellow brides, I seek advises on the cost of wedding please. I want to know who is actually paying for what. Here's my scenarios right now. Engagement ring. Fiance was paying. Wedding ring....

Donna, friday 8-Feb-19 33
Joey
2019 Weddings - it's your year!
Joey, On January 2, 2019 at 08:05

Who is getting married in 2019? It's your year! Does it feel more real now that we're in 2019? When is the big day? Share your countdown! Photo by DavewonFilm in Montreal

Jenn, monday 29-Jul-19 35
Jayda
Catering Prices
Jayda, On December 31, 2018 at 13:43

A lot of people are telling me to splurge on food, so what’s the maximum price per plate you would pay?

Ashley, monday 26-Aug-19 20
T
Bridesmaids responsibility......
Trish, On December 29, 2018 at 18:17

Hey all! Happy New Year. Wondering if most have their bridesmaids pay for their own hair and make up? I'm not asking them to do anything a specific way. They have bought their own dresses. I paid the...

Julie, tuesday 1-Jan-19 12
Kaisha
Gift ideas for my Future Husband
Kaisha, On December 18, 2018 at 23:37

I planned on getting him a watch but he just bought himself a new watch for the wedding. Any idea on what I can get him?

Trish, saturday 29-Dec-18 14
Erin
Bridesmaids gifts!!
Erin, On December 28, 2018 at 11:43

Hey girls! Does anyone have any unique ideas for gifts for their bridesmaids??

Natalie, friday 25-Jan-19 21
T
Tips!
Trish, On August 25, 2018 at 07:38

Curious what to budget for tips.........Especially things like venue when we are already paying $18K! Limo, florist, etc.....photographer? Do you tip everybody?

Jennifer, monday 27-Aug-18 4 129
Jacqueline
Average costs
Jacqueline, On January 31, 2018 at 14:37

Hey Ladies! I am newly engaged and I am looking at venues and caterers etc. I have NO CLUE what an average cost is per plate for people or for a venue etc. I do not know what a decent budget is for a...

Elizabeth, monday 17-Feb-20 92 1
Alie
Engagement party
Alie, On August 21, 2018 at 19:05

Who is typically invited to the engagement party?? And who sets it up?

Alie, wednesday 22-Aug-18 12

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics