Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Devoted July 2020 Ontario

How much did you pay for your flowers?

Natalie, on January 18, 2019 at 09:18 Posted in Wedding reception 0 32
For those who have already paid for their flowers - real or artificial - what were your final costs? What did you get with it? Trying to get something to compare our quotes to.

32 Comments

Latest activity by Mary, on January 29, 2019 at 23:23
  • Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg im going to see luxel tomorrow ! you must be at paradise then ! ahh so exiciting

• Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How many tables do you have?

• T
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is $2200 for centerpieces, bouquets, bouts and an arch plus greenery for the tables. Includes delivery.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were getting fresh flowers from a florist for 2000 which includes my bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 10 boutonniere's, 4 wrist corsages, 18 small centrepiece flowers, 12' of asparagus fern greenery, 8 bunches of babybreath for aisle decor and rose petals for the flower girls. This also includes her delivery to the hotel im getting ready at and the venue setup.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying about $2,100 and that includes bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet, 14 (small) table centerpieces, (1) small bouquet near the guest book, and greenery along the head table. The price also includes delivery of bouquets to my apartment and delivery/set up of the rest at my venue.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we paid about $400 for flowers... and that included delivery to my house the morning of the wedding, my bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, and 5 boutoneers.
  • Mila
    Newbie May 2019 Quebec
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting flowers for the aisle, at the alter, 3 bridesmaids, my bouquet, grooms boutonnière, and on every table is a total of $3,000!!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got real flowers, our breakdown is $100 for bridal bouquet, $60 per bridesmaid bouquet, $12 grooms boutonnière, $15 per groomsmen/dad boutonnières, $15 for mom/grandmas corsage, $8 for the 2 baby’s breath stems for bridesmaids hair, and $26 for our cake flowers.
    All together it’s like $450
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our Florist consultation today. All fresh flowers. My bouquet $175.00. Our centerpieces are $20.00 ea. 9 Boutiners $12.99 ea. 4 Bridesmaid bouquets $85 ea, 2 MOH $95 ea. 4 Wrist corsage from $21.99 - $26.99 each plus taxes. 2 Large Vases (ours) for Ceremony filled with fresh flowers $35 each.
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Rose Petals 100/lot

But honestly, if you go on aliexpress and type "rose petals lot" you can find an assortment of colours and styles. The only thing is, you'll have to break em up once you get them, and because the can sometimes (we only had one shipment that smelt a little weird) smell a bit like an Asian grocery store, I just peeled them all and then febreezed the bag, tied it and let it sit. Now they smell wonderful. They also have ombre styled petals; I just needed white and off white/ rosey.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

RIGHT?! AND THEY JUST DIE AFTER! I'm not up for that.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I spent $400 but my sister-in-law made the bouquets and only charged the cost of flowers. She made four bouquets, 4 boutonnières and the arch.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    8000?!?! 😮 Those flowers better be made out of gold!!!
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you send me the link for the rose petals please?
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The flowers for my wedding party cost about 1,000. For the aisle decor and the centrepieces we are ordering flowers (baby’s breath and simple, small purple bouquets) from Costco as they come in bulk and reasonably priced.
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just got my first quote and it was 8,000 ... shoot me now Smiley sad

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So, I just spoke with Luxel Decor & Rentals after our venue's open house tonight and they had an absolutely beautiful room setup with the cartier chairs we wanted and the exact florals we were looking for. When we asked, they said they could rent the faux florals to us minus the vases for a reduced cost; around 20 a centerpiece with the 6ft runners for about 200 and centerpiece runners for 40. And they look amazing. My worries have definitely calmed a bit as we are going really big on a lot of other items - my fiance is getting a 6ft marble cake, we are doing gold chairs and mirrored table rentals, we are creating a massive barback for behind our table, and we bought our own photo wall - that the florals have to be big and instagram worthy without putting me in debt for them. I am definitely and without shame renting my florals, and just hoping no one decides to take any of them home (insert nervous laughter here - but no really I'm making an announcement lol)

• Jenny
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought artificial boutonnieres cause I was afraid that during the wedding, real flowers would fall apart (even though I know the chance is low, hah!), and it saved a lot of our cost!

The other ones I am aiming for real flowers depending on how much money we need to spend.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you give me their contact? The venue is in Vaughan so it's not far from where you're located. Is she local?
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Natalie, stay calm! The flowers were the one aspect of my wedding planning that has given me the most grief so far too! Once I booked them, it was like a weight had been lifted from my chest.

For my flowers, we're paying $4500 for:

Centerpieces (x 18)

Bridal bouquet

Bridesmaid bouquet (x 1)

Boutonnieres (x 5)

Sweetheart table backdrop

Ceremony space backdrop

Ceremony runner

Greenery for aisle chairs at ceremony (x 10)

For me, real flowers were non-negotiable and this was the best I could get from someone who was reputable (I had someone quote me for next to nothing for flowers but I didn't trust her whatsoever).

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was originally going to do DIY bouquets and such with fake flowers but then we moved across the country..
    All the quotes from florists for real flowers were $1500-$2500 and I thought that was insane..
    Luckily we found an amazing florist (recommended by my venue) who gave us a pretty good price.
    Bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, table centerpieces, dessert/ceremony signing/card table arrangements, head table arrangement and staircase arrangement plus a delivery/setup and takedown fee added up to around $1000 so we figured that's the best were going to find, plus she is highly recommended and I've seen her work she's amazing!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very good to know - thank you!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovebird Flowers! They are on Horton Street and they are super nice!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woah I'm no flower expert but from the prices that I've been seeing, that's an awesome price!! Which florist are you going with? I'm in London too! Smiley laugh

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To be honest, my quotes are around 5-6,000. I have 18 tables and need to fill a tall vase for each table, with three vases on a serpentine table and two for our head table. Plus bouquets for me and four bridesmaids, boutonnieres for 5, and 2 corsages. We have artificial petals from aliexpress that we've already ordered for the petal throwing - I got like 30,000 petals for about 40 bucks.

My heart hurts. I don't even care if they're artificial at this point; there's no way on earth I'm paying 6k for flowers that die. No way.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure if you're interested in diy flowers but were paying $380 for all our flowers for centerpieces and bouquet / boutianeers from a local farm... but I'll be putting them all together. They just come bulk in buckets.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting:

My bouquet, plus 4 bridesmaids

8 Boutonnieres ( FH, 2 Dads, 4 Groomsmen, Ring Bearer)

2 Corsages (moms)

1 flower ball for our flower girl

They will all be fresh flowers that are in season so cheaper than doing crazy flower arrangements lol.

She includes delivery, along with vases for the reception and transporting them between house/pictures and venue.

It was $800

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting real flowers, but only for bouquets/corsages/boutonnieres. Our centrepieces/decor is going to be non floral.

We are getting:

bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaid's bouquets, Mother of the Bride Corsage, FH's dad's girlfriend corsage, grandma corsage, groom boutonniere, 3 groomsmen boutonnieres, 2 dad boutonnieres.

All together it is $400 - our florist is based in London and only charges for stems not labour which would definitely make it cost more!!

Our flower girl will get silk petals off etsy to throw which will be $14ish and I may get a toss bouquet off their too, but I don't want to pay a lot for something to toss lol

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best price I have found for fresh flower boutiners are $12.99 at Zehrs. We are meeting with a new florist on Friday so I'll have a better idea then. We are thinking we'll buy flowers from Costco to make our centerpieces.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bride Bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 boutonnieres, 4 corsages (all silk flowers) = $700 (from etsy)
    Centerpieces (30) and large bouquets for decoration (all real flowers) $1500 (from decor company)
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting real. We are going for the organic wild look. I’ve attached a few photos from the florist to give you an idea of the flowers we are getting. It will include one bridal bouquet, three junior bridesmaids bouquets, one flower girl bouquet, Three corsages, four boutonnieres and six centerpieces. I think our total before delivery is just over $1300

How much did you pay for your flowers? 1

How much did you pay for your flowers? 2

How much did you pay for your flowers? 3
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shop around - it depends on what you want.

What we want (and are getting) for flowers are:

Brides bouquet - Asiatic lilies, white roses, blue dendrobium orchids.

3 Bridesmaid bouquets - White roses, blue dendrobium orchids

1 grooms boutonniere - Blue dendrobium orchids, white spray rose, greens

5 groomsmen boutonnieres - White orchids, white spray rose, greens

2 mom's corsages - pinned on - white orchids, greens

2 dads boutonnieres - white orchids, greens

1 grandmothers corsage - pinned on - white orchids

Toss bouquet

2 single lilies for the flower girls to carry

The quotes I got from a few floral shops in my area were in the ****$ range.

I ended up going with an independent lady - she works out of her garage (she has it set up with huge flower coolers, etc), and used to be a professional florist. She's charging me 575$ - since she has no overhead, her prices can be way lower. She also does it because she enjoys it, not because she needs the income.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics