Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Beauty preparation before the wedding

Becky, on April 8, 2019 at 13:25 Posted in Beauty 0 42

Are you doing anything beauty related before your upcoming wedding? Or any suggestions of what we can do before our upcoming wedding?

It could be as small as a nails being done or as big as hair extensions.

Few things I will be getting are:

- hair extensions: going to be putting them in few months before as want to get used to them

- facial: DIY my makeup artist gave me some idea's on how to help with my pores and acnee

- nails

- clean eating: more health but wanted to be more in shape and loose little before wedding if possible

42 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 22, 2019 at 22:16
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! I hope it all goes well my dear. The 2-3 weeks leading up to the wedding is definitely the most crucial.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Appreciate the advice Donna Smiley smile ! My face flares up very easily, I will for sure keep this in mind! I am having to change my allergy shots to few weeks prior as its too close to the wedding date- the first week after injections my arms are swollen and face is running.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Becky,

Those are great ideas for prepping for your big day. Might I suggest also drinking lots of water as well the month leading up to your wedding. It will keep your skin hydrated and help with clearing your pores and acne. Also, don't do any facials 2 weeks prior to your wedding in case the products used causes inflammation. I had my facial 3 weeks prior to my wedding and then I just maintained my skincare routine everyday leading up to the big day. You can also use a hot towel on your face to open up your pores before you wash your face. I love the feeling of a hot towel on my face, it's so relaxing.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to cuba a month before the wedding so I can get my tan on !!!

and I'll be getting my nails done probably a day or 2 before the wedding day.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha yes I agree with the shade. and yea the wedding dress tan marks are fine I am just nervous about any other ones!

• Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going tanning because of how pale i got over the winter.
    I will also be getting my nails done the week before.
    Ive been doing a cleaning routing for my face morning and night and have been going to the gym to be fit.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think all of us summer brides need to just spend time in the shade this year lol. I'm actually nervous about that! Good call on the strapless, I know I'll definitely have marks from my wedding dress (but who cares about a wedding dress tan, right?).

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been going to a salon to get them done since I would 100% make a huge mess doing them myself lol. The women I go to is also so incredibly detailed that I couldn't imagine re-creating it at home.

No I haven't picked out a colour yet! I know that it's definitely not what I've got on my nails now, so tomorrow I'm going to go re-do my nails in a new colour Smiley smile

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How easy are powder nails to do at home? Have you picked a wedding day color already?

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh nice! Good idea with the sun block. I got a strapless just so won't have marks- but will be very careful in general when outside as don't want to be burnt and stuck with that look.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure! You never know how new products will react with your face.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your right Erin! I am sure all of us will look beautiful regardless! I have been doing an app to keep track of fitness and food as well! I believe its helped me with few area's and realizing how much everything is too.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure! It's hard to find skin care that works and stays that way. I find after a year of using same thing sometimes my skin will react and its time for a change

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good to know! Thank you Liarra Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me I've already started by doing my hair (blonde balayage highlights), I'm experimenting with my nails (I just started doing "powder nails" instead of shellac and am so in love with them), and I started wearing sunblock every day and wearing less makeup overall in order to let my skin breath. I need to start eating better and working out tho! I've got less than 4 months to go ughhhh.

• S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just don't use a face mask the day before, and not a new type the week before encase you react differently!
    I'm definitely going to sugar scrub and coconut oil moisturize the night before.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan on getting my nails/ feet done the day before. I have never coloured my hair mainly bc i didn't feel the need but my blonde hair has naturally darkened and i would like to lighten it so thinking of doing that. I started to use my fitness pal to keep me on track of eating right and exercising. Just keeping up with my same face cleansing routine with a good moisturizer. No matter what we will be beautiful brides!!
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve done a lash lift and tint. Personally I have naturally long lashes so to me it didn’t really make a big difference. They are blonde so it just darkened them and made them curl more. But almost too much in my opinion. It may be better for people with shorter or straight lashes. I honestly felt as thought it was a waste of money for me in the end. I’d recommend trying it once before your wedding day. Also the lift (curl) dries out your lashes making them frail, my lady recommended I apply castor oil to them at bed time to keep them hydrated.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome!

I find trimming my hair every now and then (6-8) weeks helps with split ends and helps it grow!

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All my girls and I are going to for Manis/ Pedis the day before we fly out, I have been finally figured out a skin care routine that WORKS for my skin (Although I have been breaking out from stress), I will be getting a spray tan a couple of days before so that I have some color, and a trim for my hair.

EASY!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wear contacts and just make sure when they are doing your makeup- eyeliner on bottom actual lid line hurts if it gets in eye. i don't wear eyeliner on the bottom unless by lashes part. Besides that I would just wear them a week prior to get used to them! I love my contacts and I got them a year ago so I wouldn't have to wear my glasses on my wedding day. I do wear my glasses sometimes but not often now.

Love how you won the basket!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll get my nails done, probably a french manicure, a day or so before the wedding. Between wedding magazines samples and coupons I've got some Crest Whitestrips I'll use leading up to the wedding. I was also lucky enough to win a beauty basket from my FSIL's stag and doe so I'll be putting those face masks in there to good use.

Not so much a beauty thing, but I also need to practice wearing contacts. I don't want to wear my glasses on my wedding day, but I want to be able to see properly. I've never worn contacts before and I don't want to go in blind (pun intended) on my wedding day and end up with an allergic reaction or something.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats good idea! I am bad with my natural nails. I just sheliac on them if get my nails done. I have debated what I should all do for day of as just don't want it to not look like me from going overboard or if will regret it if don't do somethings. I know will do the nails and hair/makeup that normally happens. I am considering hair extensions as want my hair long but I will have to see if can afford closer too.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nails for sure. My natural nails are somewhat good lol. I get dip on them. So I will start that a few months out so that my natural nails will have some time to go.

Keeping up with my basic face wash, and a mask when I remember!

I am super laid back and don't go over the top when it comes to beauty stuff

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow thats amazing Stephanie! I wouldn't try anything new before wedding either!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea with the nails!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Getting close to your date Trish! When you say trailed hair extensions are you meaning tapped in extensions? I know nano it automatically is attached in your hair with a loop type way and they only need to be adjusted every 8 weeks. If your thinking you ever wanted to keep extensions I would try these!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't have the lashes included with mine but not much extra. I was considering the lash extensions but there is this new lash curling thats supposed to maximize your own lashes. Thinking about trying this!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exciting! Hope it all goes well and can't wait to see photos! I haven't heard about the scaping before and good to know!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got clip in extensions that my hair stylist will put in the day of!

I have a regular facial care that I do that I like so I likely wont change that... would hate to try something new that reacts bad...

Nails I will get done a few days before the wedding (hands and feet)

I have been doing Keto since Jan, kinda fell out of it mid march (lost 15lbs by then) but I will likely do it again just before the wedding to lose a few more!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just cleanser and moisturizer. As well as hair masks etc. Nails will be day before, lashes will be done day of
  • T
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Following.

Wedding date April 27th. I have trialled hair extensions for a month already and had them take off and will re apply the week of the wedding...dang they are HIGH maintenance for low maintenance me. Lash extensions I do regularly. Nails the day before...TRYING to eat better.......

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics