Skip to main content
Alexandria
Alexandria

Ottawa, Ontario · From April 2018

I am a Canadian girl living in London, UK! It's been a wild ride, and not always easy to be so far from home...but the plus side is that I have met my... View more

I am a Canadian girl living in London, UK! It's been a wild ride, and not always easy to be so far from home...but the plus side is that I have met my wonderful fiancé, Thom, here. So it was worth it in the end, eh?

Happily married 🎉

August 1, 2021

1021days 20hrs
Brett
Venue issues
Brett, On May 19, 2020 at 00:28

I am starting to get very frustrated. I got an email from my venue 2 weeks ago to arrange a phone call to talk about details. But have not heard anything since!

Ashley, tuesday 19-May-20 8
Cassie
May 23 Wedding and covid
Cassie, On March 23, 2020 at 20:08

I’m getting married May 23 of this year in Ontario. I have no idea if I need to postpone it because it’s far enough away that things may calm down by then but close enough to not really know. My...

Geraldine, friday 24-Apr-20 49 1
Alexandria
Couples getting married on 1/august/2020 in Ontario
Alexandria, On April 13, 2018 at 06:36

Hello! How exciting. I thought I would create this group as we all have the same wedding day!

Alexandria, sunday 5-Apr-20 26 2
Sadia
Covid-19 + wedding season
Sadia, On March 11, 2020 at 23:31

I feel like this conversation was bound to come up. Any brides on here that are *starting* to get a little alarmed/concerned that the virus might interfere with their wedding? Do they even offer...

Amanda, friday 19-Jun-20 267 10
Alyssa
Are you in favor of favours?
Alyssa, On February 25, 2020 at 21:18

I was always someone who thought wedding favors were a really fun addition to any wedding! It was always fun receiving a little something, kind of like a thank you for attending! However, as I started...

Karina, thursday 12-Mar-20 30 1
Alexandria
Cake in Ottawa
Alexandria, On March 8, 2020 at 05:32

I was planning on baking my own homemade cakes for our wedding and laying out a display for my guests: very homemade and low-key style. My mom and aunt are very against this idea as they say I won’t...

Joey, wednesday 18-Mar-20 3 79
S
Digital wedding Invites?
Shannon, On February 23, 2020 at 13:23

TBH 🤷🏻‍♀️ I want to send 📧 digital wedding invitations 📨📨 Any thoughts ❓💬💭

Shannon, tuesday 3-Mar-20 20
Maegan
Wedding band pricing
Maegan, On January 23, 2020 at 11:13

Hey ladies! My FH and I started checking out wedding bands and i can't get over the price difference from one store to the next. Help a girl out here- what should I be expecting to spend on a wedding...

Kl, wednesday 20-May-20 22
M
RSVP on website - privacy concern
Msss, On December 7, 2019 at 19:30

Hello, I was planning to use Wedding Wire's website as an RSVP as well but I've just noticed that a guest could see who has confirmed/declined. Is there a way to make this private so that the guests...

Msss, tuesday 21-Jan-20 7
Lynne
Makeup and Hair
Lynne, On January 1, 2020 at 18:58

Hi everyone, I'm curious to know if some of you will be doing their own hair and makeup on your big day. I'm still undecided whether to have it professionally done or do it myself.

Megan, wednesday 5-Feb-20 31
Stephanie
Diy cake
Stephanie, On January 2, 2020 at 08:18

I feel like this is an awful idea when I think about the week before. I'm making my own decoration and hiering someone for the backdrop and hanging fabric, I'm doing my bouquets and all the flowers in...

Celine, thursday 27-Aug-20 33
Alexandria
Day of coordinator duties
Alexandria, On July 23, 2019 at 22:15

Hello! My wedding is about a year away and I have signed a contract for a day-of coordinator. I would love to “do it all myself” on my wedding day but I have family drama that might need an eye on...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 6 141
Joey
10 things you don't want to forget about your reception - Where will your phone be?
Joey, On April 8, 2019 at 09:30

What are you doing with your phone at your reception? Keeping it with you to take pics? Giving it to a relative or member of your wedding party so it's close but not too close? Switching it off and...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 39
A
Bridesmaid dresses
Ashley, On March 31, 2019 at 09:13

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any glowing reviews or warning for shopping online for bridesmaid dresses!? I have worn dresses from azazie before and think they are great but with the exchange...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 5
Alexandria
Advice on Getting Ready Robe
Alexandria, On March 31, 2019 at 08:36

Any advice appreciated! I am trying to choose a robe to get ready in on my wedding day. There are a few points to consider which is why I am asking for help: 1) Me and my friends are going to do our...

Donna, thursday 11-Apr-19 14 245
Joey
Rent, Borrow, or Buy - Signage
Joey, On March 11, 2019 at 07:05

Signs can be an indispensable help for your guests - welcoming them, designating reserved seats, pointing them to the guest book, directing them to the dance floor... Will you rent beautifully...

Claire, saturday 6-Apr-19 35
Alexandria
Emailing Invitations
Alexandria, On August 10, 2018 at 07:05

Hello everyone! I had a discussion with my mom this summer about what to splurge on and what to spend little/no money on...haha. One of the things that she voted for me to be thrifty with is...

Bianca, monday 13-Aug-18 20 271
Brandi
Bridesmaid dresses online
Brandi, On July 8, 2018 at 18:30

I had found this bridesmaid dress online that I loved and my bridesmaid loved too, but now the company has closed. Anyone have suggestions for online stores to buy bridesmaids dresses? This is the one...

Brandi, friday 17-Aug-18 6
Sarah
White or yellow flowers
Sarah, On June 28, 2018 at 02:09

My wedding will be in Nova Scotia in July of 2020 at the digby pines, while I have much of the wedding planned out im stuck on the flowers, would you pick yellow, or classic white, or do the classic...

Leanne, thursday 5-Jul-18 11
Alexandria
Bilingual Invitations
Alexandria, On July 3, 2018 at 10:15

Hello to all! I am trying to budget for invitations. I have a long time to decide as my wedding is in 2 years, but my mum tells me to save money on the invites, to the extent of sending them by email....

Megis, tuesday 3-Jul-18 17
Lynnie
Invitations: Floral or Non-Floral?
Lynnie, On May 7, 2018 at 11:24

This week's game is all about floral decor and non-floral alternatives. What style are your invitations? Are you incorporating a floral design, or not? Floral? Photo from Brooklin Paper Co. in...

Alexandria, tuesday 3-Jul-18 31
Julia
Couples getting married on 8/august/2020 in Ontario
Julia, On June 19, 2018 at 16:18

Hey ladies, Who else is stressed yet excited about getting married in 780 days ?! or am I the only one already trying to get everything into place xo

Gloria, thursday 23-Jan-20 7
Stephanie
Bridal Store / Ottawa
Stephanie, On July 1, 2018 at 10:26

Hi All, The time has arrive for me to begin dress shopping! I would love to know where you bought your wedding dress in Ottawa and how was your experience?

Samantha, monday 9-Jul-18 4
Alexandria
Melting Rings
Alexandria, On May 13, 2018 at 03:15

Hello everyone, I will be in the Ottawa area and am interested in using a family heirloom (old wedding ring) to melt down and have a new one made for my wedding band. Does anyone know anywhere where I...

Erin, wednesday 16-May-18 5 99
Alissa
Booking too early a bad idea?
Alissa, On April 15, 2018 at 01:21

Because of our other lifes plans, My FH and I have decided to get married in 2020. But we are both really easy going- we picked a date, ceremony and reception venue less than a month after getting...

Lyla, tuesday 17-Apr-18 25

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics