Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandria
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Day of coordinator duties

Alexandria, on July 23, 2019 at 22:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hello! My wedding is about a year away and I have signed a contract for a day-of coordinator. I would love to “do it all myself” on my wedding day but I have family drama that might need an eye on them and I know that the morning-of people will be asking me questions; I just want to be able to pay someone else to be “in charge”.

My question is, and I will obviously speak to the woman I’ve hired about this: what sorts of things won’t she deal with?

Namely, I will have a church to decorate that morning (i.e. flowers delivered) and same with setting up a dessert table... is that game? Or do I need to outsource workers?

Anyone have any insight into this?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 21, 2019 at 12:47
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

She should deal with everything. i dont think she should limit what she wont do. she should also be making sure all your vendors are setting up and arriving at proper times and ensuring everything gets done before you arrive. she should make sure the church decorates and ensures that its done. that would be her job plus more

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Alexandria!

I would definitely recommend you speak with your DOC as what is included in their service can vary from planner to planner. I don't believe there is a standard list of services. You could negotiate and add things she doesn't typically include, perhaps for an extra price.

Have you had a chance to speak with her yet? What is included?

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    She should do it for you
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Day of Coordinator is usually somewhat of a planner for you to keep everything on track. All your information of vendors companies, contact names and phone numbers along with delivery times and what's happening for the wedding and reception setting up aspects. They will also be responsible to give the payments to the vendors if you wish to do so on their part.
    The one thing to keep in mind is having a family member not part of the wedding party to keep an eye out for questions from the family and other guests about the days events or locations. That may help to keep your tension low and focused on getting ready for your main day. The same person dealing with the guests questions can also hand out the vendors payments trusting that its done by someone you know personally.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I had a day of coordinator - we discussed types of things she normally does vs the list of things I wanted her to do. She told me diff things she does not do or wouldn't do, it will give you an idea. As for the church- did they offer or say they would decorate? I know mine wouldn't do it and its not normally something they would do. You will more likely need to hire someone to do this- if its flowers you could ask the florist to decorate upon delivery.

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most coordinators have their own list of the tasks they will be doing . My coordinator will be helping me create my timeline, she is checking in on all my vendors, she's the contact person for the day, she will be taking care of payments, welcoming vendors, and making sure everything is going according to plan. My coordinator also offers a 3h miscellaneous work window so i guess this is where she could help out with the decorations.

I also wanted to do everything myself but its just easier to have someone be in charge!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics