Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Wedding band pricing

Maegan, on January 23, 2020 at 11:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22
Hey ladies!

My FH and I started checking out wedding bands and i can't get over the price difference from one store to the next. Help a girl out here- what should I be expecting to spend on a wedding band most places describe as stackable with very little bling. Or If you dont mind sharing what did you ladies spend on yours?
Wedding band pricing 1This is my engagement ring, it was custom so theres no set and everything sits flush against it so I can go lots of different ways with the wedding bands but I'm finsing the choices and price lows and highs to be overwhelming! Any help appreciated! TIA!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kl, on May 20, 2020 at 17:49
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine was originally $899 plus tax but I held out for a flash sale and got it for $750ish after tax. The band FH is looking at is originally $1299, but again I’ll wait to pounce on a sale. It’s also fairly elaborate for a men’s band.
  • D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your rings beautiful! I got my grandmothers wedding band designed and sized to fit around my ring. It was only $65 dollars in canmore ab at strattons jewellery. I was quoted for a ring to fit mine with no bling for $700 with bling up to $2000. If you have an heirloom you can get to fit your ring it it might be a much more cost effective way! Also a great memory. Wedding band pricing 2
    Wedding band pricing 3

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I got ours from Charm Diamond Centres.

Mine was 800. It was the matching band for my engagement ring and his was 400

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were spending about 800 on them. mine is a band with all jewels and his is more plain with a design on it

• D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your so welcome! I hope you can find something that works for you!
  • Alexandria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re amazing! Thanks!
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went to stratton’s jewellery in canmore! Daves amazing! I dont recall the name of the goldsmith they use though!
    Wedding band pricing 4
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Dawn! Who did the repurposing job for you? I might hire them!!!
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My grandmothers band was straight without the bend as seen in the picture. So i had a goldsmith take her old wedding band and get it to fit around the bottom of my Engagement ring. By repurpose i mean if you have a straight gold band from a passed relative or an heirloom you love, it can be made to go around your ring. My fiancé wedding ring is his fathers wedding ring. Reuse what you can if you have something like an heirloom. Hope that makes sense!
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What does repurposed mean? Can you tell me where and how you were able to have it repurposed?
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I don’t think there is a rule... My wedding band matches my engagement ring, but my fiancé wanted a black ring...can’t remember the material name.... Tungsten??? but its inexpensive. I wanted to get him a classic gold band.... and you could find them anywhere between $300 to $1000 depending on the store/ brand.
    Ultimately, I bought the one he wanted but found it on Etsy for only $60! (Around $150 at major jewelry stores). I think that whatever you choose, whatever the price point, you should be comfortable with the price tag, and you should love it!
  • Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine from peoples on their boxing day sale. It was regular $1,100 and we got it for $599.99. Mine has diamonds on the front but doesn't go all the way around. I know bands that are more simple (just a plain gold band) is anywhere between $120-$300 depending on the finish and all that jazz.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine on Jewlr for the same reason. They have some nice unique ones that aren’t crazy expensive
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went the Blue Nile route. They have great prices, as long as you're okay with ordering online. I also found a local jeweler with beautiful stackable & delicate bands for about $350 in the Barrie area. I also fell in love with BluBoho (in the Toronto area but also sells online). Their stackable bands are stunning but runs closer to the $500 mark, depending on how much bling you want. If you want no bling, their really affordable.

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were floored by costs. My fiance just wanted a plain band (he wanted sterling silver, they said they dont carry that because it bends easily) so they showed us a plain white gold band and it was $700. He didnt care (or want white gold) so we went with something else for half the cost I believe. My band is a thin band with diamonds on it and I cant remember how much it was exactly but I remember having buyers remorse after we purchased it 😣. Somewhere between 600 and 900 I believe. I was looking on etsy and they had some cute ones but I was worried about it matching up perfectly and didnt want to drop $400 on something I might not be entirely happy with. I mean at least the wedding band we purchased matches up, it's just stinking expensive if you ask me 😅.
  • Tarra
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Tarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can get $100-$400 ones at Peoples! Very simple, stackable, 14 karat white or yellow gold
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just now getting mine custom made. It will be around $1100, which is more than I really want to pay but that was the lowest of the quotes we received.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looked at two “infinity bands” one for $699 and one for $450. Very similar so I honestly might go with the cheaper one even thought the more expensive one did fit with my ring a bit better. BUT, we have so many final deposits that we might wait to get my band till after the wedding. FH has his and ill just take off my engagement ring for a hot minute and use that.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were getting ours from here. im spending about 500 for a band full of jewels. but they have cheaper ones. https://www.charlesandcolvard.com/wedding-rings/classic-bands#/perpage:72/sort:ss_price:asc

• D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I repurposed my grandmothers wedding band to fit with mine that was$65. Before i found this option i was quoted around $700 for a plain gold band. Hope this helps repurpose if you can!
    Wedding band pricing 5Wedding band pricing 6
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I went to Pandora to get my band. I wasn't looking for anything blingy since that's just not my style. I got mine on sale during Boxing week for $65 and I love it!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was also shocked at what local jewelers wanted. I've been looking on etsy which has much lower prices. I don't want to spend more than $400 if I can.

Here's one I've been looking at https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/563279518/rose-gold-half-eternity-ring-wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics