Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2019 Alberta

Bridesmaid dresses

Ashley, on March 31, 2019 at 09:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has any glowing reviews or warning for shopping online for bridesmaid dresses!? I have worn dresses from azazie before and think they are great but with the exchange rate and the risk of duty charges. I’d love to go safe and buy from a Canadian website!!
Any suggestions would be great thanks!
We are getting married in September this year and only requirement is long dresses Smiley smile

thanks in advance!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 03:51
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley!I purchased all my dresses from LULU's for $34 each after getting the dresses on sale during Labour Day long weekend. That's their best sale of the year. They usually do the get additional 50% off sale. My dress was originally 120, went on sale for about $65 and I got the additional 50% on that. I had mine shipped to the USA and picked up across the border because they charge duties if you ship directly to Canada. Quality-wise, they used to use more fabric when I had purchased my dresses, since then, my other friend who ordered her bridesmaid dresses, we noticed that instead of using two layers of sheer fabric on top of the underlayer, they used one layer for her dresses. They are still good quality, but they use less fabric to save on costs now that they are so popular (this is according to my seamstress who tailors a ton of dresses from LULUs.)

Another website my friend used was https://1861.ca/collections/maxi

My friend orders from here and they are located in Montreal. Hope that helps!

LULU dress in grey (Two Layer with lots of pleats)Bridesmaid dresses 1

LULU dress (One Layer less pleats)Bridesmaid dresses 2

• A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great thanks!! I was wondering about the LULU quality of the product.
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing thank you!!
  • Alexandria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly recommend Lulus (online store), I bought a bridesmaids dress called “Mythical kind of Love” and it was the best dress ever. I literally wish they had it in white because I would wear it to get married!!!
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1861.ca 🙌 Boutique is in Montreal. You can shop online, the shipping is really fast. I was a bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding and I wore a dress from there and quality is really good, can find a beautiful dress for Less than $150. I am getting married in August and I got my bridesmaids dresses from there too (all differents but same color). Another friend of mine got the dresses there too and she had a minor issue and customer service was amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics