Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandria
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Cake in Ottawa

Alexandria, on March 8, 2020 at 05:32 Posted in Ontario 0 3
I was planning on baking my own homemade cakes for our wedding and laying out a display for my guests: very homemade and low-key style. My mom and aunt are very against this idea as they say I won’t have time to do this before the wedding and will have to worry about storing/cooling and delivering the cakes to the venue and “there will be nowhere, no one and no time to do this the week of the wedding.”

So now I am looking for a wedding cake recommendation for the Ottawa area. There will be 110 guests. Please, does anyone have experience with a good wedding cake vendor in Ottawa?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on March 18, 2020 at 08:29
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there! Have you taken a look through our vendor directory for cake bakers in your area? I got a search started for you, take a look and then request pricing info, read reviews, and look at pics of their work!

Cake bakers in Ottawa

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Artistic Cake Design1390 Clyde Ave. Unit 106 K2G 3H9 Ottawa (Ontario) Map
    I was going to go with them but they do not deliver to my venue location. I have had their cakes a few times and they are delicious and decent prices.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can’t help you with Ottawa unfortunately, but I am a former pastry chef and am doing my own cake- very low key like you so reduce stress. I think it would be dependent on your venue and whoever you deem point person for your wedding. Cakes once covered in buttercream or fondant will last a few days so it gives you buffer that you aren’t making your wedding cake the night before your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics